PV: Setting AE and DE Multiplier to 0?

Started by jjdalynh, April 12, 2019, 11:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjdalynh

can you simply disable AE and DE by setting multiplier to 0?  I presume since it's a multiplier that it won't result in a NaN calculation to happen.....

joe_lyons

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

rbabos

Quote from: joe_lyons on April 16, 2019, 06:17:12 AM
Yes and why?
I tried it once for tuning, running logs with MyTune but it wasn't worth the effort in the end. No real difference.
Ron

jjdalynh

because i'm developing VE tables using steady state load and just want to eliminate another variable.  i know i can filter the results by whether it's active or not, but figured this might be more accurate and not have to throw out any actual data. 

rbabos

Quote from: jjdalynh on April 21, 2019, 10:56:42 AM
because i'm developing VE tables using steady state load and just want to eliminate another variable.  i know i can filter the results by whether it's active or not, but figured this might be more accurate and not have to throw out any actual data.
They won't be active in steady state load or in slow increases and decreases of rpm. Only activate on quick MAP changes.
Ron

jjdalynh

jjdalynh

just a follow-up, setting the multiplier to 0 works as expected, no AE or DE anywhere.

Hilly13

Quote from: jjdalynh on May 30, 2019, 07:26:18 AM
just a follow-up, setting the multiplier to 0 works as expected, no AE or DE anywhere.

I'm going to give that a go with the SE program to see if it helps.
Just because its said don't make it so