April 19, 2024, 12:16:33 PM

News:

lowrider

Started by david lee, July 26, 2019, 10:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lee

just a couple of pics of my 80 fx. took her for a ride today after 6 mths of sitting. felt great.a bit of a change from the trike

76shuvlinoff

Nice!

Now I feel guilty about my 76 just sitting....  :embarrassed:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

dirtymike

Cant ride but one at a time. Dirty

friday

fbn ent

Nice! Will always miss miss '80/80.
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

One4Tone

..still got my '75 fx. them signals lights don't look that bad. Got to get me some for safety sake.

david lee

Quote from: One4Tone on August 20, 2019, 03:38:55 PM
..still got my '75 fx. them signals lights don't look that bad. Got to get me some for safety sake.
thats why i put them on after 30 years without.to many nut case drivers out there

JW113

Nice looking FX there Dave. Looks mostly stock with the manditory air in/air out mods. Totally dig the Yosemite Sam on the tank!

Know what you mean about the nut cases. For ever one of yours, I have to deal with about a thousand of 'em. Funny how people these days don't even know what hand signals are. You signal a left hand turn, and they think you're flipping them off!

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

Burnout

I signal for turns with my pistol.  :bike:
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

david lee

Quote from: JW113 on August 23, 2019, 08:32:31 AM
Nice looking FX there Dave. Looks mostly stock with the manditory air in/air out mods. Totally dig the Yosemite Sam on the tank!

Know what you mean about the nut cases. For ever one of yours, I have to deal with about a thousand of 'em. Funny how people these days don't even know what hand signals are. You signal a left hand turn, and they think you're flipping them off!

-JW
went to a vintage bike show-swap meet here in australia  rare here. had everything american,british, jap. restored unrestored. rusted to buggery barn finds that actually started but what caught my eye was a couple of unrestored panheads. that your thoughts on pans whats a rough price for one in the usa thanks

JW113

It's like anything. Depends on year, condition, restored, hacked on. A quick look on the interweb says you can probably find a decent running & restored Pan for $18K, and a great condition unrestored specimen for +$25, but usually a lot more. Yes, there are probably cheaper deals to be had, but these days, good luck with that. Unless you can be content with a clapped out pile of rubbish (which is impossible for me), you will spend a lot more fixing one up than buying one that's already in good shape.

-JW

76shuvlinoff

Quoteyou will spend a lot more fixing one up than buying one that's already in good shape.

Pretty much true for anything desirable be it two or four ( or more) wheels.  Seem like those that do a real rehab do it for enjoyment and self pride over profit.  :up:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

JW113

That is a gorgeous bike indeed. Not a Pan, but more or less a 1965 pan with shovel heads. Samey samey.

By unrestored clapped out pile of rubbish, I mean something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neY3JWiaqew

It's quite cool in it's own way, but it's just not in me to own something like that. I tend to like them in showroom floor condition. I kind of recall that guy paid something like 12K for it.

-JW

david lee

ever heard of these bikes jw it was at the bike show i went to and was in similar cond if not worse than that indian and started right up

Hossamania

[attach=0]

This one was $16,000

I didn't even notice that the last one I posted had shovel heads, that's just wrong.

Hossamania

Quote from: david lee on August 28, 2019, 03:11:28 PM
ever heard of these bikes jw it was at the bike show i went to and was in similar cond if not worse than that indian and started right up

We go to a swap meet most years in Davenport, Iowa, and a few of those show up. Along with a few of these:

[attach=0]

Hossamania

And these:

[attach=0]

Hossamania

72fl

My buddy left for Davenport yesterday at 5 am he goes every year, currently he is runnin around on a 41 Indian with a Hack, cool as cool can be he is old school biker with the neatest bikes another mode he has is a Guzzi, good to be different nobody around has the stuff he has and he also does repop knuckle and flatty parts in his little garage Mouncy is a great ol biker, hopefully I will get to Davenport next year as I have been saving a few coins, love some old
Big Fender Classic Indian's.

JW113

ACE was a motorcycle company that was bought by Indian in 1927. It was founded by William Henderson after he sold Henderson Motorcycle Comany. Indian continued to make the ACE-Indian Four for a few years until they desigined their own four cylinder bike. Those ACE Fours are quite rare, can't imagine what one would sell for these days. The majority of them trade hands between collectors. Jay Leno has a few I believe.

In the spirit of "to each his own", I never really liked the sound of those early four cylinder motorcycles. Kinda prefer the banshee scream of the modern Japanese fours...

-JW

Hossamania

15,000+ rpm's, 1000cc motor, Akropovich pipe, now we're talking!
A far cry from the mechanical low rpm clatter of the Ace 4 cylinder.
Both have their place.

Hossamania

[attach=0,msg1313335]

Indian, Excelsior Henderson, Triumph.

david lee

Quote from: JW113 on August 29, 2019, 08:09:37 AM

ACE was a motorcycle company that was bought by Indian in 1927. It was founded by William Henderson after he sold Henderson Motorcycle Comany. Indian continued to make the ACE-Indian Four for a few years until they desigined their own four cylinder bike. Those ACE Fours are quite rare, can't imagine what one would sell for these days. The majority of them trade hands between collectors. Jay Leno has a few I believe.

In the spirit of "to each his own", I never really liked the sound of those early four cylinder motorcycles. Kinda prefer the banshee scream of the modern Japanese fours...

-JW
me too.like a stock Z900 kawasaki.  a stock original worth up to $30000 over here  i was under the impression the ACE was made by arial

david lee

Quote from: Hossamania on August 29, 2019, 08:23:18 AM
[attach=0,msg1313335]

Indian, Excelsior Henderson, Triumph.
nice old bikes mr hoss