March 28, 2024, 03:23:40 AM

News:

Riding Boots

Started by hd06, December 24, 2018, 05:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hd06

Time for some riding boots what is a good all season boot.  Thanks

Coff 06

For me it's just my Danner hunting boots.Wear them year round so its natural to wear them on the bike also.When I get somewhere I have no trouble with my boots hurting my feet when I'm walking around.Their waterproof and have thinsinate insulation.Been wearing them for 30+yrs
            Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

PoorUB

Danner Striker uniform boots, Goretex lining very waterproof. Only downside is they are a bit warm in the summer, but not too bad.

I am looking for a light weight hiking boot, but something that covers the ankles, I can't find anything so probably stick with the Danners.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Coyote

Quote from: PoorUB on December 24, 2018, 07:30:38 PM
Danner Striker uniform boots, Goretex lining very waterproof. Only downside is they are a bit warm in the summer, but not too bad.

I am looking for a light weight hiking boot, but something that covers the ankles, I can't find anything so probably stick with the Danners.

:agree:

The only ones I wear anymore.

Paniolo

How about Corcoran boots?
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

92flhtcu

Poor UB----Bates make a Summer Duty boot that is really comfy and light, 8"
Model #E02260, I but right off Bates site, $105, not waterproof

I ride with those sometimes, but my most used riding boots are Red Wing Engineer boots, however, when it is truly hot out, I wear the Bates, the airflow thru them is pretty nice
Need a bigger garage

PoorUB

Quote from: 92flhtcu on December 25, 2018, 05:30:32 AM

I ride with those sometimes, but my most used riding boots are Red Wing Engineer boots, however, when it is truly hot out, I wear the Bates, the airflow thru them is pretty nice

I will look into them. I would like to find something with Goretex lining for wet weather.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

ndmp40

Quote from: 92flhtcu on December 25, 2018, 05:30:32 AM

The Bates is a nice three season boot.

1workinman

Quote from: Coff 06 on December 24, 2018, 07:11:47 PM
For me it's just my Danner hunting boots.Wear them year round so its natural to wear them on the bike also.When I get somewhere I have no trouble with my boots hurting my feet when I'm walking around.Their waterproof and have thinsinate insulation.Been wearing them for 30+yrs
            Coff 06
I ordered  for the GF a pair of the Danner boots , she likes them for ridding when its cold. I was going to order me some and use my boot alliance so it must have the protective toe , there are two styles that seem to be what I want insulted and water proof , one has the protective outer cover one does not . My work boots has the outer protection but I don't know if that is necessary for a ridding boot . I never realized that so many liked Danner boots. My father used those 30 plus years ago but I did not want to spend the money then , not a problem now lol 

76shuvlinoff

Not a traditional old school boot but Merrill hikers work great for me, they cover the ankles with a padded collar, "water proof", and light as sneakers when you get there.  Good for just about any terrain.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Chippitt68

Quote from: 1workinman on December 25, 2018, 06:00:00 AM
            Coff 06
I ordered  for the GF a pair of the Danner boots , she likes them for ridding when its cold. I was going to order me some and use my boot alliance so it must have the protective toe , there are two styles that seem to be what I want insulted and water proof , one has the protective outer cover one does not . My work boots has the outer protection but I don't know if that is necessary for a ridding boot . I never realized that so many liked Danner boots. My father used those 30 plus years ago but I did not want to spend the money then , not a problem now lol
Just make sure you get the made in USA Danners. They have a line made overseas as well.

Coff 06

Quote from: Chippitt68 on December 25, 2018, 09:38:17 AM
            Coff 06
Just make sure you get the made in USA Danners. They have a line made overseas as well.

I always buy directly from Danner :wink:            Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

tommy g

Several years ago at an MC show Wesco outa Oregon was there and built a pair to fit me.
Sturdy and comfy riding boots for certain.
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

tommy g

Wearing "thinsulate" is like wearing a plastic bag to me, I wonder if goretex would be superior?
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

Moparnut72

I also wear a pair of Danners. Best boots I have ever owned. I wear them when I am awake. I have worn Redwings, Carolinas, Wolverines, Hawthorns and Whites but the Danners have been the best. The ones I have were made in Viet Nam and are of excellent construction and quality. I was told that Danners were made in the US when I ordered the ones I wanted. They weren't but I felt obligated to take them since I had the shop order them. I have no complaints though.and would recommend them whole heartedly.
kk
If you find yourself in a fair fight,
You didn't prepare properly.

dirty jim

Quote from: tommy g on December 25, 2018, 10:29:08 AM

Wearing "thinsulate" is like wearing a plastic bag to me, I wonder if goretex would be superior?

Gortex is waterproof, Thinsulate is an insulation. I have warm feet so Thinsulate just cooks my feet, of course trying to find boots with just Gortex is almost impossible.

Moparnut72

I have a terrible problem with my feet. I have suffered from compression ulcers on the balls of my feet. Thinsulate was a major factor in selecting these boots. Hoping the prevent the problem this winter with no happiness. I have since figured that a blood thinner along with some other medications I take has caused the problem along with cold weather. Limping for most of the winter is no fun and good boots help a lot. I also have some custom fitted arch supports.
kk
If you find yourself in a fair fight,
You didn't prepare properly.

mrmike

I've been wearing my duty boots from work (firefighter) for years now, I get waterproof insulated, steel toe with a side zip. Danner's  and Bates are both good as are 5.11's. I just got another pair and couldn't find the same combo with steel toe this time around so I'm wearing a pair of Rocky jump boots, waterproof, insulated with the side zip.

If you go to the website for Gall's you can check out a ton of duty boots.

Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

1workinman

Quote from: Coff 06 on December 25, 2018, 09:51:14 AM
Quote from: Chippitt68 on December 25, 2018, 09:38:17 AM
            Coff 06

I always buy directly from Danner :wink:            Coff 06
Yea I did before and tomorrow I will buy me a pair thanks Jim

JW113

If you like old school, cannot beat Wesco. I bought a pair of the custom fitted engineer boots in 2001, and wear them whenever I'm on a bike. Many many miles, and waterproof. Earlier this year the stitching in the foxing let go, and I sent them back to the factory. What came back was essentially a brand new pair, they replaced almost everythign. Real happy!

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

ViseGrips

I use Dakota 8 inch work boots with composite toes and comp shanks with thinsulate and they are water proof...I also wear thick socks...even in my sneakers during the summer..my feet don't seem to sweat as much even when our temps here reach our max of about 80 degrees..they give me the protection and comfort I need while riding or working around outdoors.. I prefer the higher boots to protect my ankle bones...had the skin rubbed off to the bone on a road slide years ago and learned a little lesson......so ; like the ol' saying goes ..'' if the shoe fits wear it'' eh... :wink:

chaos901

I wear tactical boots, sometimes by Bates, sometimes by others.  Good support and comfortable, get them insulated with GoreTex.  Often wear them when not riding too.  I buy them from the LA POLICE GEAR website, dozens of options from which to choose. 
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

calif phil

Quote from: JW113 on December 25, 2018, 06:50:34 PM
If you like old school, cannot beat Wesco. I bought a pair of the custom fitted engineer boots in 2001, and wear them whenever I'm on a bike. Many many miles, and waterproof. Earlier this year the stitching in the foxing let go, and I sent them back to the factory. What came back was essentially a brand new pair, they replaced almost everythign. Real happy!

-JW

I also bought a custom made pair of Weso's around that time.   I wear them whenever I ride and they are still doing great.  I think they were $650 back then, but still cheaper than buying Chinese Harley boots that only last a year or so. 

Snowyone

I bought a pair of Tony Murga western boots at Sturgis years ago.  They are made of Alligator skin and the most comfortable boots I have owned.  On their second sole and still feel great.  Also a bit more class that hiking boots.  They've been through rain, sleet, and hail(or is that hell) and still holding up.

spdrcr

Red Wing #4420. One pair for work and another for riding.