March 28, 2024, 06:42:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Riding Boots

Started by hd06, December 24, 2018, 05:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PC_Hater

Army boots, bought used from the shops that sell used military gear.
Over the years I have had ex-US Army boots leather lined and very nice indeed. Whoever broke then in for me did a very nice job!
Ex-German Army Paratroop boots lasted about 10 years.
British Army ProBoots are excellent, I am using those now, and you can get them fully waterproof with a Goretex lining.

Steel-toe Doc Martens are good too.
I never did get on with engineer boots but I do have a nice pair of Spanish made cowboy boots for tootling around on nice summer days.
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

Bladesmith

I hate boots with laces..I wear Ariats all  the time on and off the bike; there good looking, extremely comfortable, relatively inexpensive, and last a long time.....The only trouble is their made in China [just like Harley jackets]
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

PoorUB

Quote from: Bladesmith on December 27, 2018, 02:01:24 PM
I hate boots with laces..I wear Ariats all  the time on and off the bike; there good looking, extremely comfortable, relatively inexpensive, and last a long time.....The only trouble is their made in China [just like Harley jackets]

I like lace up boots. Slip boots may slip off at the wrong time. I have seen videos of guys crashing and before they hit the ground their boots go flying off.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

hd06

Thanks for the output on boots I am checking on Danner Striker they look like a good riding boot.

1workinman

Quote from: PoorUB on December 27, 2018, 02:08:04 PM
Quote from: Bladesmith on December 27, 2018, 02:01:24 PM

I like lace up boots. Slip boots may slip off at the wrong time. I have seen videos of guys crashing and before they hit the ground their boots go flying off.
Well I have both but my work or lace up , but I like my western style boots also  ,

1workinman

Quote from: hd06 on December 27, 2018, 04:19:32 PM
Thanks for the output on boots I am checking on Danner Striker they look like a good riding boot.
Ordered a pair of Danner yesterday lace up around 250 I think , I have a pair of red wing I had for a few years and wore them twice I guess there ok

build it

Custom Wesco Harness, nice boot but break in was months; mine are leather lined, I don't think I'd do that again. A pair of redwings full lace up with a safety toe works well too. If and whn I need a new pair it'll be a set of tactical boots for sure.
Get the principles down first, they'll never change.

moose

these are what I use with the gortex and they are super light
https://lapolicegear.com/nsearch/?q=bates+gortex
Moose aka Glenn-

Paniolo

I know I asked earlier, but has anyone tried Corcoran boots? They make a set that is military and LEO grade. I'm looking for something that is long day wear with support and traction.  When riding cross country I like to stop at national parks and hike a bit. I'm not a big fan of the mesh outer and soft rubber soles. I prefer leather with a Vibram sole.
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

PoorUB

We do quite a bit of hiking and my Danner Strikers work well for that too. The sole is not that soft, but not as firm as a vibram sole either. I have hiked miles in them over some pretty rugged terrain.

Coff 06

I use the Danner Canadian,their 10" tall and quite pricey. I can walk all day in them,their as comfortable as an old pair of tennis shoes.          Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

1workinman

Quote from: Coff 06 on December 28, 2018, 10:24:14 AM
I use the Danner Canadian,their 10" tall and quite pricey. I can walk all day in them,their as comfortable as an old pair of tennis shoes.          Coff 06
i remembered a long time ago my father bought danner boots , i bought red wing my feet froze in Colorado when we went hunting he was nice and warm . He  has sleeping bag made the same way , i had  the cheap pos bag . He was nice and warm me i froze me butt off . So i ok with spending money now , i done with being cold and frozen wet

No Cents

I've been wearing Danner boots for years.

[attach=0]
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

76shuvlinoff

I dunno, for some reason I have never been able to wear anything any kind of heel for very long after I get off the bike.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Don D

I got some very nice tactical boots from Amazon that zip up the side. They work great for riding and are waterproof, <$100

Coff 06

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on December 28, 2018, 01:03:05 PM
I dunno, for some reason I have never been able to wear anything any kind of heel for very long after I get off the bike.

[attach=0]

These are what I wear.No heel to speak of.Shoes with heels also hurt my feet.      Coff 06

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

PoorUB

I think it is the 4" spike heel that is giving you trouble. Those in the pic shouldn't bother you! :hyst:

Coff 06

I have a narrow foot so I always buy the lace to toe style.        Coff 06

dynabagger

Just bought a pair of TCX Hero's. I also have their high top runners. Both with CE certified protection. Best boots I've owned and look totally casual for wearing anytime. I don't care for the big and clunky look.

[attach=0]

2001 FXDXT, 117"
2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: PoorUB on December 28, 2018, 08:38:48 PM

I think it is the 4" spike heel that is giving you trouble. Those in the pic shouldn't bother you! :hyst:

Well played, well played.  :embarrassed:
 - Ernest Hemingway

bump

I have been wearing cheap boots from Walmart for 30 years. Can wear them 16 hrs a day, riding, hiking or working. I bought a pair of Red Wings for 4 times the cheap boots and they didn't last any longer and were not more comfortable. Have tried several different brands but am sticking to the ones that work for me.

92flhtcu

Bump-you are a lucky man
Need a bigger garage

BB Stacker

https://embed.widencdn.net/img/redwing/ly2qnu0t2d/640x640px/RW02408C_MUL_N1_0115.jpeg?position=s&crop=no&color=efece0&quality=75&u=lkbof4

I am a redwing guy. I learned about them when I was in the Navy and saw all of the pilots wearing the brown steel toes. When I got out my first employer gave me my first pair of red wings. Once they are broken in they are as comfortable as bedroom slippers. I have several pair as I get a safety shoe allowance at work.