Author Topic: Venting fix?  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Hammerhandle

• VTWINKIE
Re: Venting fix?
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2019, 03:15:34 PM »
Mike Beland sure as hell, is not "amateur" hour...... :hyst: :hyst:
When you fully endorse an incomplete product, as if it the best thing since sliced bread, call out other companies, didnt even produce the product and you're just the reseller, and say stuff like "most guys never check their oil on the ride" regardless of your experience as a owner/rider/racer, you're at best a shill for an amateur. Literally every other product on the market right now, is light years ahead of the M3 product. :slap:

True. Based on this and the trans transfer, that amateur hour title is best left to HD.
Agreed. Yet what they have made, is no better the usual "HD fix". Creating a problem, that didnt need to exist, while calling it a solution. HD is the king of that scheme, lets leave that to them.

Does it come with a check valve and dip stick for $99.
It meets a price point, and fits closer with things coming out of china, rather than the solutions T Man and Fueling have made.

2019 Wicked Red Denim FLTRXS

Offline hd06

• Site Supporter
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2019, 04:12:32 PM »
 I think I'll drill the dipstick like T-Man's and put a DK customs I can come up with a one valve and see how much mist and water I can catch. But first check if this affects my warranty.

Offline Hillside Motorcycle

• Premium Vendor
  • Munnsville, N.Y., between Syracuse, & Utica.
    • www.hillsidecycle.com
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2019, 01:10:11 AM »
Mike Beland sure as hell, is not "amateur" hour...... :hyst: :hyst:
When you fully endorse an incomplete product, as if it the best thing since sliced bread, call out other companies, didnt even produce the product and you're just the reseller, and say stuff like "most guys never check their oil on the ride" regardless of your experience as a owner/rider/racer, you're at best a shill for an amateur. Literally every other product on the market right now, is light years ahead of the M3 product. :slap:

True. Based on this and the trans transfer, that amateur hour title is best left to HD.
Agreed. Yet what they have made, is no better the usual "HD fix". Creating a problem, that didnt need to exist, while calling it a solution. HD is the king of that scheme, lets leave that to them.

Does it come with a check valve and dip stick for $99.
It meets a price point, and fits closer with things coming out of china, rather than the solutions T Man and Fueling have made.

You need to stop being so happy all the time....... :teeth:
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Offline No Cents

• there is no cure for what I got !
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2019, 07:32:01 AM »
if I was needing one of these things I think I'd make my own,
actually what I'd made is a screw in bush that went away to a vent/filter
and allowed the OEM Dipstick to screw back into it
I'd also lengthen the OEM Dipstick so that it would still read correct

NOTE: I also cut the dipsticks on the 5 speeds   :SM:

I'm making one right now.  :up:
I ordered a black #4 AN fitting adapter so I could drill and tap the oil filler hole and a I also ordered a black 90* AN swivel fitting to screw on to it. I bought 4 feet of fuel line hose and I already had a small filter to mount to the end of the hose. I made a small bracket to mount the filter underneath the fascia on the rear fender.
   I have less than $20.00 invested in it so far. I can buy a one way check valve for the 1/4" hose for under $6.00...if I wanted to add it into the hose. I think right now I'll try it without the one way check valve and see how it goes.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:19:29 AM by No Cents »
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Offline BUGLET

« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »
    NO Cents  I think you have the best deal yet. I was figuring around $20 and if you had to buy a drill and tap you can add another $ 10, Even if a shop wanted to charge you a 1/2 hour labor you still be a head. 

Offline No Cents

• there is no cure for what I got !
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2019, 01:50:00 PM »
  I bought the AN fittings off E-Bay. I couldn't find any locally.

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Offline Hilly13

• Site Supporter
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2019, 05:54:44 PM »
It's a shame the new head-vents can be problematic, that was something that actually worked pretty well on the twin cam, well after a bit massaging anyway.
Just because its said don't make it so

Online rbabos

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2019, 06:15:25 AM »
It's a shame the new head-vents can be problematic, that was something that actually worked pretty well on the twin cam, well after a bit massaging anyway.
Depends. I've had brand new James umbrellas that leaked like hell. Ended up re installing the OEM umbrellas. Those seemed to be the best out there. It really is such a simple valve, I don't understand why they would have issues with it.
Ron

Offline Hilly13

• Site Supporter
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2019, 07:59:44 PM »
Depends. I've had brand new James umbrellas that leaked like hell. Ended up re installing the OEM umbrellas. Those seemed to be the best out there. It really is such a simple valve, I don't understand why they would have issues with it.
Ron
I've not had the unit in my hand Ron so I have nothing to go on but what others have said, I tried looking up the parts but I can't find a good diagram to even see what's in there component wise.
Just because its said don't make it so

Offline cmashark

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2019, 11:08:50 PM »
A quick thought from the peanut gallery.  I am in the middle of installing a new cam in my 2019 bike and I noticed that even with the stock cam, these things must have a lot of reversion in the intake.  I was surprised by the amount of oil that had been splashed against the back side of the air cleaner.  The metal part of element, not the fiber part, on the stock ventilator air cleaner.  Makes me wonder how well the stock head vents actually work with the intake sending pulses outward.  My new air cleaner will be vented outside of the air cleaner.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:57:22 AM by cmashark »
2019 FLHXSE
2018 RGS- S&S 475C, Stealth A/C, MK45 mufflers, Jackpot HP-gone

Offline rich1

« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2019, 05:29:24 AM »
A quick thought from the peanut gallery.  I am in the middle of installing a new cam in my 2019 bike and I noticed that even with the stock cam, these things must have a lot of reversion in the intake.  I was surprised by the amount of oil that had been splashed against the back side of the air cleaner.  The metal part of element, not the fiber part, on the stock ventilator air cleaner.  Makes me wonder how well the stock head vents actually work with the intake sending pulses outward.  My new air cleaner will be vented outside of the air cleaner.

I have noticed what you are describing. I have also noticed that sometimes when you shut the bike off it will cough back loudly through the throttle body.  I think that is where the oil is coming from that shows up on the metal part of the air filter. And not from normal running. Admittedly, I could be wrong.

Offline bigcraig

« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2019, 06:48:58 AM »
While I have the equipment and the ability to install the T-man kit, hell, I can source the fittings and materials and build my own kit, I have chosen to just buy the Feuling kit.

I am at that point in my life where simply ordering a pre-made kit and 15 minutes of work is more efficient.  :wink:

Offline hd06

• Site Supporter
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2019, 08:19:56 AM »
  If I run with my oil level on the full mark I have that problem of oil in my breather, 3/4 qt. low stops that problem.

Offline turboprop

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2019, 09:27:26 AM »
While I have the equipment and the ability to install the T-man kit, hell, I can source the fittings and materials and build my own kit, I have chosen to just buy the Feuling kit.

I am at that point in my life where simply ordering a pre-made kit and 15 minutes of work is more efficient.  :wink:

I agree. The M3 vent has too many compromises and the T-Man is too much work (and possible risk). The Fueling system is the best of both. No machining, and no compromises and really the price difference between it and the M3  system is minimal.
'Trying to teach pigs to sing is a waste of time and annoys the pigs'

Offline cmashark

« Reply #89 on: Yesterday at 09:53:07 PM »
Another thought from the peanut gallery:  Earlier today, I was reminiscing of when I lived in Florida.  I had a couple friends that rode softails.  I remember one day we were flying down 98, from Pensacola to PCB for their Thunder Beach, and one of them had their dipstick blow completely out of the oil tank(lost).  Another one had his pop up but his leg kept it from leaving his bike.  This might be a solid fix.  Are any of you builders finding evidence of poor ring sealing when y’all are tearing down bikes for bigger bores?
2019 FLHXSE
2018 RGS- S&S 475C, Stealth A/C, MK45 mufflers, Jackpot HP-gone