Author Topic: 2018, 114", FXFBS, CR480 cam, S&S Superstreet 2-1, Fuel Moto Ventilator  (Read 1876 times)

Offline SOCS

Thanks Daren! Can't wait for the ride home Friday   :smiled:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 03:49:16 PM by Coyote »

Offline Hilly13

• Site Supporter
The 480 sure makes a beautiful stage 2.
Nice job.
Just because its said don't make it so

Offline Tail Ridr

:bike: Been waiting to see that...!
Eliminate the Imperfections of mass production!

Offline Durwood

• Site Supporter
You're welcome Mitch. How was the ride home? :teeth:

Offline SOCS

The ride home was great even though I got wet at the TN, KY line. It's hard to believe that a cam can make such a difference, the M8 responds to stage 2 much better than the twin cam did. Best bang for the buck I have done to a Harley.
Got on it a little on the ramp from Lloyde expressway to 41 and passed a van on 41. The van pulls up next to me at the first light, window rolls down and this guy about my age asks "what is that thing". I get that a lot since I ride a Fat Bob. So I told him and he says " sounded mean as hell going by, sounds mean at idle too, can't be stock". 

Offline lucasg

Great job Daren; gotta be a blast on a soft tail.   Curious about the exhaust on this one:  is it similar to the new Sidewinder 2 into 1 for touring models or a shorty version?  Thanks;  keep up the good work....

Offline Durwood

• Site Supporter
Great job Daren; gotta be a blast on a soft tail.   Curious about the exhaust on this one:  is it similar to the new Sidewinder 2 into 1 for touring models or a shorty version?  Thanks;  keep up the good work....
It is a completely different pipe than the touring model. Besides being shorter, they took the time to design it equal length head pipes.

Offline SOCS

Yes it is a blast on the light bike. I researched pipes for the M8 Softail and narrowed it down to the S&S or a D&D Fat cat. I bought a used fat cat and it scraped before my pegs so it was a no go for me. The guys at S&S sold me on this one because of the equal length head pipes and the fact they put a lot of work into it to maintain back pressure for the M8. It seems to have done the job, sounds good too.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:38:26 AM by SOCS »

Offline sfmichael

• Site Supporter
  • Hoping to build the next mighty 'mouse'
looks awesome  :bike:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Offline Freedom1974

Re: 2018, 114", FXFBS, CR480 cam, S&S Superstreet 2-1, Fuel Moto Ventilator
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 09:48:18 PM »
I have got that question a few times about my 124 with the CR 480 cam Daren built for me.  The CR 480 is an awesome cam !  I have buddies that will probably be going to see Daren soon lol.