Author Topic: 2015, 103", FLTRXS, CR-570-2, Dragula2, Stock TB, Heads decked .009", .040" HG  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Shadowbennie

Hopefully he won't be too upset with me posting this, as Bob has stated that he's not a fan of posting dyno sheets, but here is my winter project, finally finished, complete with an outstanding tune from BVHOG. I figured guys would like to see the outcome of what these Cyclerama 570's can do with the Dragula2 exhaust, plus with a little bump in compression over stock due to having the heads decked and a thinner head gasket.

FLTRXS 103, Dragula 2 2-1 exhaust with 2.5" baffle, Fuel moto billet A/C, CR-570-2 cams, stock heads decked .009" and a .040" head gasket (should've gone with a .030" but received some misguided advice I think)

I started last winter with only wanting to do the CR-570-2 cams, but via my own inexperience and a bit of misfortune, I ended up pulling the heads, so I had them freshened up with new stock valves & springs, and while doing that, the heads were decked .009" to true them up. Since I was already in there (famous last words) - I went with a cometic .040" head gasket upon advice of the guy who did the headwork, but I should've listened to my gut and went .030". Oh well, maybe next teardown!

We didn't do a pre-tune run, but I also I didn't ask for one, prior to starting the tune process so unfortunately I don't have a baseline comparison. However, the butt-dyno tells me I gained quite a bit of power over the starter map+narrow band autotune sessions I was running, and is dramatically more consistent and smooth.

I'm extremely happy with how the bike responds, fuel mileage has increased, no more detonation at mid-range roll-ons, and the constant decel pop is gone! Bob was fun to work with, and watching him tune my bike was enlightening - a master at his craft!

He & I talked quite a bit, and he almost had me thinking about one of his 113" builds - almost! Maybe after I run up another 50,000 miles....

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Offline Tail Ridr

It would be hard to not like that...
Eliminate the Imperfections of mass production!

Offline mike jesse

• Site Supporter
Nothing wrong with that.

Enjoy!

Offline Shadowbennie

It would be hard to not like that...

I’m definitely enjoying it, but if I had to do it over again, would’ve gone bigger CI...next time!

Offline sfmichael

• Site Supporter
  • Hoping to build the next mighty 'mouse'
damn good numbers for a torque cammed 103   :up:

I'm sure that thing pulls hard 
Colorado Springs, CO.

Offline Shadowbennie

For sure! Especially now with the 10 plate BDL clutch kit, as Bob was sure I was getting some clutch slippage during the final 6th gear pulls.

Sure is a lot of fun!  :bike:

Offline sfmichael

• Site Supporter
  • Hoping to build the next mighty 'mouse'

For sure! Especially now with the 10 plate BDL clutch kit, as Bob was sure I was getting some clutch slippage during the final 6th gear pulls.

Sure is a lot of fun! 
:bike:

:up: :up: :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Offline IRONMIKE113

• Site Supporter

I’m definitely enjoying it, but if I had to do it over again, would’ve gone bigger CI...next time!

When you decide to Bigger lol,,,,,, Bob's 113" build is a Very Great build, You won't be Disappointed,,,,,,  :up:
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

Offline rhuff

Looks great.  Probably the cam I will go with when I decide to on my 2015.

Bob is the best.  Spot on tunes. 

Offline Shadowbennie

Looks great.  Probably the cam I will go with when I decide to on my 2015.

Bob is the best.  Spot on tunes.

You'll like this cam, works as advertised.