Author Topic: Camplate Failure  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Thermodyne

Re: Camplate Failure
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2019, 09:57:36 AM »

Now with that said, the MoCo makes an oil pan that has a baffle permanently attached, making the part disposable.     

Drill of the rivets, and drill and tap the holes for screws. Not hard to do at all.

Ya, I know I could remove the baffle.  But since this is a warrantee job and S&S is eating the pan, I'd still need an old one to send back. 

Offline Ohio HD

• OH CRAP!
  • Administrator
  • Mark, 06/02: There's no cryin' in modifyin'
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2019, 09:58:05 AM »

Now with that said, the MoCo makes an oil pan that has a baffle permanently attached, making the part disposable.     

Drill of the rivets, and drill and tap the holes for screws. Not hard to do at all.

Got any pics of doing one?
For the best deal on bike parts, call Calif Phil
     www.harleypartscheap.com

Offline ecir50

Offline PoorUB

• Site Supporter
  • Tropical Fargo, ND
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2019, 08:00:32 PM »

Got any pics of doing one?

Nope, but someone here posted pics of them removing the baffle and reinstalling it a while back.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Offline klammer76

• Site Supporter
  • It's all about the Torque!
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2019, 09:49:22 AM »
Well, if you saw the pictures before they were removed you got the idea. Find the ones from here, Whatever.

Offline Coyote

• HTT Janitor
  • Administrator
  • The Sonoran Dessert
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2019, 09:56:29 AM »
Guys, you can't take stuff from other websites and upload them here. Either hotlink the pics or use a photo hosting service and post them that way.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=350.0

Do not cut and paste material from other sites on HTT. Use a link instead. Do not upload any material that is owned/copyrighted by others.
I was promised Monsoons.

Offline pwmorris

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2019, 05:23:56 PM »
My bad,
Have to own this big time, as it has been several years since I contacted anyone I know at S&S, as to their products origin. Have used their products for over 20 years and assumed all was as it was.
I was wrong.
As life and economic pressures change, American manufacturing is constantly under stress from the Global economy to adapt. S&S is no exception. Despite local manufacturing, local sourcing materials in the USA, and trying to assemble the final product here in our Country, they DO use foreign products as their own-
On 2% of their final products shipped to consumers.
This is a fact, and actually, based on the overall V Twin manufacturing situation as a whole (electric, and alternative power sources and political pressures are here now, or right around the corner, making the internal combustion motorcycle engine in serious jeopardy going forward in the next few years), I guess I have been asleep at the wheel, living in a glass house as to S&S being immune to this spreading virus that everyone else was dealing with.

Here are the facts from a trusted S&S source as of September 2019......

“The fact is, we do live in a global economy, in some cases, components of US made parts are made in other countries, sometimes that is price driven, other times it is driven by expertise. Either way, S&S does not make pistons, but we do go out of our way to use the best parts available and in this case (Wiseco or whoever we purchased from) uses an offshore vendor. That being said, 98% of what we sell is made in the USA.”

Again, to all, including FSG (a MOD who apparently enjoys piling on-see post #48) “Ahhhh to funny and to be expected  :hyst:
and everyone else who I defended S&S against you, sometimes, well, many times hardcore, pile on..... :teeth:
All good, I can take it.............

Still believe S&S an excellent, viable option to Harley for performance parts in the V Twin world, as apparently do many across the Globe.

Offline PoorUB

• Site Supporter
  • Tropical Fargo, ND
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2019, 05:41:25 PM »
My bad,
Have to own this big time, as it has been several years since I contacted anyone I know at S&S, as to their products origin. Have used their products for over 20 years and assumed all was as it was.
I was wrong.

That had to hurt! :hyst:

It is a good man that can admit when he is wrong.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Offline 98fxstc

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2019, 01:08:14 AM »

Obsolete part that you got from Taiwan Ted, Custom Chrome, etc.
S&S does not make, or have this P/N any more.
 They went obsolete pretty darn fast seeing how the packaging date was last March 2019...
That is the secondary aftermarket sticker date posted above the original S&S part number.
Call S&S tomorrow, then own it here on this post.....

might need some glasses to go with your humble pie
there are three stickers on the package
the later sticker is the S&S sticker with the shipping date as pointed out by Mule