April 30, 2024, 02:00:10 PM

News:

Error code b2206

Started by Chippitt68, April 04, 2021, 10:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chippitt68

I put new bars 10" yaffe original apes on my 2019 flhtk. I used new(not extensions) Namz switch harnesses and heated grip extensions. Rode it yesterday and everything worked perfectly. Took it out this am and red security light was coming on intermittently. Pulled codes and got a b2206 indicating a short in run/stop circuit. I pulled the switch housing and found the wire from switch was not pushed in all the way. Pushed it in and heard it click into place. Problem solved, right. Nope. Put it back together and same code. I can clear the code when switch is in off position, but not while in run. I unplugged the wire from under fairing and switch housing and tested for continuity. The wire doesn't appear to be broken as I have same value touching pins as when leads from dvm are touched together. There is a tiny bit of play back and forth where wire goes into connector under fairing. I did have to de pin these to get them pulled through bars. The bike starts and runs fine. The stop/run switch functions as it should. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

rigidthumper

Pull that connector back apart and check for a bent pin/displaced connector- it may be beside the socket instead of inside it.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Chippitt68

Fixed. I did de pin the connector again and everything was correct. I was concerned because I hadn't broken the hinge for the little cover that held the wire is n place. I had to bend it pretty good to get it out. I believe it was at the switch housing itself. I had rotated the controls so I could use my mirrors and I must not have loosened it up enough. I pinched the wires a bit when I did that. When I reconnected everything, I was very careful not to let the harness get between the perch and the handle bar. I also changed the battery in the fob. Light is gone now. Thanks