September 20, 2024, 08:25:47 PM

News:

Hey all

Started by jml, June 17, 2024, 04:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jml

Hello from Atlanta.  I found this forum because I was trying to find a larger, color wiring diagram for my '74 FX and this thread popped up in a Google search, although the link in it is inaccessible; is that because I'm a new member, or is it lost to time?

Anyway, I wanted a '74 specifically because it's my birth year, and there just didn't seem to be a lot of them out there.  I bought this bike a while back as nothing more than a frame and engine (and the frame had already been cut to be hardtailed, but the seller still had the swingarm assembly), but it was titled and numbers matching, so I pulled the trigger.  My goal is to at least hear it fire by my birthday in a couple of weeks, so it's coming down to the wir(ing).  Needless to say, I've been learning a lot about shovels, and burning a LOT of money, while I'm working on getting it back on the road.  But we do this because it's fun, right?  Right???

SixShooter14

Howdy, welcome from Montana.

Some of the files have certainly been lost or moved. One of the admin/mods, specifically FSG, can probably help you out with those.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i
'21 Road Glide Special stock 114

Fugawee

Hello, and Welcome from Connecticut

Coyote

Quote from: jml on June 17, 2024, 04:19:23 PMHello from Atlanta.  I found this forum because I was trying to find a larger, color wiring diagram for my '74 FX and this thread popped up in a Google search, although the link in it is inaccessible; is that because I'm a new member, or is it lost to time?

Anyway, I wanted a '74 specifically because it's my birth year, and there just didn't seem to be a lot of them out there.  I bought this bike a while back as nothing more than a frame and engine (and the frame had already been cut to be hardtailed, but the seller still had the swingarm assembly), but it was titled and numbers matching, so I pulled the trigger.  My goal is to at least hear it fire by my birthday in a couple of weeks, so it's coming down to the wir(ing).  Needless to say, I've been learning a lot about shovels, and burning a LOT of money, while I'm working on getting it back on the road.  But we do this because it's fun, right?  Right???

The site documents section is only accessible by Site Supporters.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/board,26.0.html

Welcome to the site.

Hossamania

Welcome to the site. Good luck with the bike, there are a lot of people here with a lot of knowledge that will be able to help with that old machine.
Becoming a Site Supporter is not a big monetary commitment, and is greatly appreciated. The access to all the extra info is worth it. A shocking amount of detailed information is stored on this site.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

jml

Quote from: Hossamania on June 17, 2024, 08:54:13 PMhelp with that old machine.

Careful with the "o" word, like I said above it's a birth year bike. :D

Hossamania

Quote from: jml on June 18, 2024, 06:08:42 AM
Quote from: Hossamania on June 17, 2024, 08:54:13 PMhelp with that old machine.

Careful with the "o" word, like I said above it's a birth year bike. :D

That's funny!
And compared to me, not even close to old!

fbn ent

June 18, 2024, 09:51:33 AM #7 Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 09:58:36 AM by fbn ent
 :hyst:   I would be riding a '52 FL.... :bike:  Welcome!
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

Hossamania

Quote from: fbn ent on June 18, 2024, 09:51:33 AM:hyst:   I would be riding a '52 FL.... :bike:  Welcome!

Ok, now that's old...

rigidthumper

Some of us...

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Leed

Howdy and welcome from Texas!  Good luck with your project.