September 21, 2024, 12:24:58 AM

News:

wiz clutch

Started by happyman, November 29, 2012, 06:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyman

Curios how many are using the wiz clutch. what other componments are you using and what is the out put of the build.  Personally been thinking about trying one with the SE extra plate SE performance clutch an a 480LB spring
Thanks

TorQuePimp

The energy one extra plate,clutch wiz and barnett spring work well in a 128 hp build

happyman

Quote from: torqueinc on November 29, 2012, 07:38:50 PM
   The energy one extra plate,clutch wiz and barnett spring work well in a 128 hp build
how many  lb spring is it

msocko3

I'm running E1 Extra plate with AIM billet pressure plate, AIM 480 lb spring with the Wiz. I'm making 135ft/lbs SAE with the 120 its being run with, not a lick of slip even when trying to make it happen. I was one of the test mules for the prototypes when they were working it out, I also ran it in my 2010 trike while pulling a trailer. The 103 in the trike was running TW555 cams and Jackpot head pipe.

happyman

Quote from: msocko3 on December 01, 2012, 01:24:38 PM
I'm running E1 Extra plate with AIM billet pressure plate, AIM 480 lb spring with the Wiz. I'm making 135ft/lbs SAE with the 120 its being run with, not a lick of slip even when trying to make it happen. I was one of the test mules for the prototypes when they were working it out, I also ran it in my 2010 trike while pulling a trailer. The 103 in the trike was running TW555 cams and Jackpot head pipe.

can ya just buy the one plate  or ya have to get a complete setup??     thinks a one plate from 8 to nie or is it a disc. anyway   what ever it takes  and as long as it  works  and lasts thats what is good.

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: happyman on November 29, 2012, 06:07:32 PM
Curios how many are using the wiz clutch. what other componments are you using and what is the out put of the build.  Personally been thinking about trying one with the SE extra plate SE performance clutch an a 480LB spring
Thanks

A assume you mean this guy..

http://clutchwiz.com/

It's kind of a VPC without the VP.. Why not use a lighter spring?   :scratch:  The 05 up springs are pretty light...

The guys numbers very from what FSG said but lets say that you want to use a 480 lb sping with the wiz..

That would get you 480 * 0.6 = 288 lb..

You can get a 280 lb spring from http://www.aim-tamachi.com

right here..

http://www.aim-tamachi.com/product.php?productid=56&cat=28&page=1

Why go with a 480 lb spring and plate when you all you need is the spring?  :scratch:

Max

happyman

Quote from: Max Headflow on December 01, 2012, 10:00:13 PM
Quote from: happyman on November 29, 2012, 06:07:32 PM
Thanks

A assume you mean this guy..

http://clutchwiz.com/

It's kind of a VPC without the VP.. Why not use a lighter spring?   :scratch:  The 05 up springs are pretty light...

The guys numbers very from what FSG said but lets say that you want to use a 480 lb sping with the wiz..

That would get you 480 * 0.6 = 288 lb..

You can get a 280 lb spring from http://www.aim-tamachi.com

right here..

http://www.aim-tamachi.com/product.php?productid=56&cat=28&page=1

Why go with a 480 lb spring and plate when you all you need is the spring?  :scratch:

Max

i believe it has something to do with ease of lever pull and  clutch holding if you have lot ot tq. and hp. think the stock spring on the late model SG has a 280 lb spring  but would not hold using a wiz from what i gather.

Admiral Akbar

What holds clutch plates together is pressure on the pressure plate. The lever has to remove that pressure mechanically. Since nothing has changed between the lever an the plate, a lighter pull on the lever equates to less pressure on the pressure plate..

Max

happyman

Quote from: Max Headflow on December 01, 2012, 11:11:12 PM
What holds clutch plates together is pressure on the pressure plate. The lever has to remove that pressure mechanically. Since nothing has changed between the lever an the plate, a lighter pull on the lever equates to less pressure on the pressure plate..

Max

then of course the design of the Wiz perhaps demands a 480 lb. spring to make it hold on your mouse build??

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: happyman on December 02, 2012, 03:57:13 AM
Quote from: Max Headflow on December 01, 2012, 11:11:12 PM

Max

then of course the design of the Wiz perhaps demands a 480 lb. spring to make it hold on your mouse build??

Yep.. All that has changed is the leverage on the spring.. The distance the spring moves 40% less as the ring places the pressure  point further out on the finger.

I guess you can say "Hey, I got a 480 lb spring in my clutch to hold the power of my motor!!"

Max

sprinkman

It is all about the ease of the clutch pull with a heavy spring for slippage.
sprinkman

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: sprinkman on December 02, 2012, 08:14:19 AM
It is all about the ease of the clutch pull with a heavy spring for slippage.

by reducing pressure on the pressure plate..

sprinkman

Max not sure if it is reducing pressure on it when clutch is fully engaged have you tried one.
sprinkman

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: sprinkman on December 02, 2012, 08:34:13 AM
Max not sure if it is reducing pressure on it when clutch is fully engaged have you tried one.

Oh it is.. All it's doing is balancing the available tq from the motor with the capacity of the clutch..  If this were to do something magical and reduce pull at the same time keeping pressure, don't you think that that aim-tamachi would have pulled the pressure assist weights off their clutch and sold it as another hot setup?  They do the same thing to reduce pressure on the plates with their clutch to make it easier but add back centrifugal bob weights to increase pressure as the Rs go up..

The product is not worth trying when there are springs available that will do the same thing.

Max

sprinkman

I can not disagree with you because I am not as knowledgeable. I have one just have not installed it yet that was why I asked if you had tried the product. I will install it over the winter and see if it works.
sprinkman

KiwiRob

Max is right, all your doing with wiz is reducing leverage on the spring, there by reducing spring pressure on the pressure plate. Basic physics really.
A Mueller Power clutch or one of the EZ clutch systems would be better for reducing clutch leaver pull. - Rob

happyman

Quote from: KiwiRob on December 02, 2012, 09:55:36 AM
Max is right, all your doing with wiz is reducing leverage on the spring, there by reducing spring pressure on the pressure plate. Basic physics really.
A Mueller Power clutch or one of the EZ clutch systems would be better for reducing clutch leaver pull. - Rob

i already have  easy pull on the 13  Street Glide. things have been changed over the years and i think its got a 280 lb spring, Will need a pretty good clutch  to keep it from slipping.   
So i guess what is being said is put a heavy spring on and hope it holds?    and will be tuff to pull. the  SE spring will work a few miles but it will not hold for long. so i will continue  looking for something  i want to install that will last and not take a gorilla grip.

Admiral Akbar

QuoteSo i guess what is being said is put a heavy spring on and hope it holds? 

Why not change the friction plates?

Max

happyman

Quote from: Max Headflow on December 02, 2012, 10:46:38 AM
QuoteSo i guess what is being said is put a heavy spring on and hope it holds? 

Why not change the friction plates?

Max

i planned on doing a extra plate setup, using the Wiz. That i what was recommeded. '
Have to think using the 480 lb spring is what it takes to get the wiz to hold with hp and tq builds. Think the SE is bout 380  but not sure and they also say to run a extra plate.  . regardless i plan on using something that is easier to pull,  or hold at stoplights.. The wrists  don't like  hanging on to a  hard pull these days.

sprinkman

I am interested in this thread the person who selling the wiz is a stand up guy I have bought other products from him and all have worked as stated. Happyman if you install the clutch wiz keep us posted. They are a lot of people on different forums using them and I can not find any complaints.
sprinkman

happyman

Quote from: sprinkman on December 02, 2012, 11:09:24 AM
I am interested in this thread the person who selling the wiz is a stand up guy I have bought other products from him and all have worked as stated. Happyman if you install the clutch wiz keep us posted. They are a lot of people on different forums using them and I can not find any complaints.
i may just go ahead and give one a whirl and if it don't work, then pull the wiz,  toss a vp on it and then it will just slip a little in the lower rpms when ya rip it and hope it holds  for thousand of miles  . 

msocko3

Quote from: happyman on December 02, 2012, 10:59:08 AM
i planned on doing a extra plate setup, using the Wiz. That i what was recommeded. '
Have to think using the 480 lb spring is what it takes to get the wiz to hold with hp and tq builds. Think the SE is bout 380  but not sure and they also say to run a extra plate.  . regardless i plan on using something that is easier to pull,  or hold at stoplights.. The wrists  don't like  hanging on to a  hard pull these days.

I ran the Wiz with the SE spring on the trike with no problems, I'm only running the 480 spring because its on a 120 which is making decent torque pretty early, I didn't want no slipping. When I was running it on the SE spring in my trike you wondered if something broke when you pulled the clutch because it was so easy, easier than the VP84 I had in there before hand. On the 480 lb spring it is still ridiculously easy.

Through testing they found the Wiz didn't work well on bikes equipped with the lighter easy pull spring. The Triglide trike comes with the same spring they install in the CVO's and has no slipping issues while running the Wiz.

happyman

Quote from: msocko3 on December 02, 2012, 12:32:41 PM

I ran the Wiz with the SE spring on the trike with no problems, I'm only running the 480 spring because its on a 120 which is making decent torque pretty early, I didn't want no slipping. When I was running it on the SE spring in my trike you wondered if something broke when you pulled the clutch because it was so easy, easier than the VP84 I had in there before hand. On the 480 lb spring it is still ridiculously easy.

Through testing they found the Wiz didn't work well on bikes equipped with the lighter easy pull spring. The Triglide trike comes with the same spring they install in the CVO's and has no slipping issues while running the Wiz.

think  the stock  13  SG is a very easy pull clutch. will need a good spring and like you say even with a 480 lb spring it will prolly be a easy pull. i will be runing a pretty de ent build  . guessing about 120 or so square and i do not want a clutch that slips. 

Durwood

Quote from: happyman on December 02, 2012, 03:17:25 PM

think  the stock  13  SG is a very easy pull clutch. will need a good spring and like you say even with a 480 lb spring it will prolly be a easy pull. i will be runing a pretty de ent build  . guessing about 120 or so square and i do not want a clutch that slips.
Happyman, did you ever install the Clutch Wiz?

happyman

Quote from: Durwood on December 18, 2013, 12:26:13 PM
Quote from: happyman on December 02, 2012, 03:17:25 PM

Happyman, did you ever install the Clutch Wiz?

never did. was not sure how the results would turn out