Target tune closer to coming to market?

Started by Mountainman streetbob, July 21, 2015, 04:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdtail78

Quote from: Jamie Long on October 05, 2015, 07:54:53 AM
Quote from: hrdtail78 on October 05, 2015, 05:14:38 AM
Interesting filters applied.

Interesting filters? there appears to be NO filters used in Andy's example, the filters are all off in his user panel.

See below:

All I know is that the filters were turned off for the picture.  Only way to prove that they weren't on while filling out the histogram and then turned off for the screen shot is to post up the raw data.  Looks like we don't get to see raw data in this thread.  We only get to see prepared data.  The raw data I have seen off of TT isn't being represented by a screen shot with filters.  I could only get the raw data if I promised not to post it. 

It is kind of like scaling LTFT to .9-1.1 and then making a comment about how tight the LTFT is holding in between .9-1.1.  Sure it is, because the scaling doesn't show you anything out of that range.
Semper Fi

upnorthbiker

In this example they simply did not spend a lot of time lugging the motor at low RPM/high map, not a happy spot or strong point on on a V-Rod motor.
[/quote

Hi Jamie,
The log I sent Andy was a canned map from Dynojet, and with only 2x 15 minute TT autotune runs. I will do some more but it's all weather dependant in the UK.
From what I've read about one of your maps, bike would be flying after 30 mins autotune.
Jeff

whittlebeast

Scaling is very different than filtering.  Filtering will throw out data as defined by the filter.  Scaling is simply a color thing.

Upnorthbiker can post it here if he wants. 
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

FLTRI

Quote from: whittlebeast on October 05, 2015, 09:30:51 AM
Scaling is very different than filtering.  Filtering will throw out data as defined by the filter.  Scaling is simply a color thing.

Upnorthbiker can post it here if he wants.
Hey Andy, why not just post up the raw, unfiltered, un scaled data?
Maybe we can follow along with you as you rescale and/or filter the raw data that your pictures are developed from.
Any reason for not wanting to post the raw data?
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

whittlebeast

Bob

Do you have a registered version of MLV.

FLTRI

Quote from: whittlebeast on October 05, 2015, 12:43:00 PM
Bob

Do you have a registered version of MLV.
Andy, did you actually read my post? What did it ask for?
Why don't you simply answer the questions asked of you?
OR
maybe this will get it done...
POST THE RAW DATA LOG SO WE ALL CAN DRAW OUR OWN CONCLUTIONS AND PICTURE WITH THE PRODUCTS WE WANT TO USE!
Better?
Bob

whittlebeast

Try asking nice to the owners of the bikes to post their logs.  That might work.

whittlebeast

Bob

Have you ever given any evidence of anything?

FLTRI

Quote from: whittlebeast on October 05, 2015, 01:07:54 PM
Bob

Have you ever given any evidence of anything?
So this is why you refuse to answer the questions or post up the data? :wtf: :doh:
Bob

whittlebeast

The people that are sending me the data may be so intimidated by a few people on this site, as they don't want to put up with the public ridicule that I put up with.

It is just a guess....

FLTRI

Quote from: whittlebeast on October 05, 2015, 01:18:51 PM
The people that are sending me the data may be so intimidated by a few people on this site, as they don't want to put up with the public ridicule that I put up with.

It is just a guess....
Ever thought that unless you reveal the owner we know nothing about who's data it is.
Remember Andy, we are looking for raw data logs so there is nothing that can be criticized or pointed to other than what the raw data is showing BEFORE scaling, colors, and manipulation takes place.
Try another excuse,
Bob

tdkkart

Here's a raw file for you, not very long but I'm only allowed 300KB so kinda limited, do what you'd like with it.

BTW, there's some spark knock showing up, which is why i did the log.  I was able to fix it without editing the map in any way.

Coyote

Quote from: tdkkart on October 05, 2015, 03:35:38 PM
Here's a raw file for you, not very long but I'm only allowed 300KB so kinda limited, do what you'd like with it.

BTW, there's some spark knock showing up, which is why i did the log.  I was able to fix it without editing the map in any way.

You can upload much bigger files to the Media Folder (top main menu)

Onthefence

October 05, 2015, 04:16:46 PM #338 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:19:06 PM by Onthefence
Here's a log to rip to pieces.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvta9iaa5z28o92/OTF-1.csv?dl=0

Stock 103
Se255
Harley CNC Heads  (Because I have them)
FM 2-1-2
FM 4" Jackpots

Target Tuned for three passes from map emailed from Dynojet.  Accepted big CI changes as nagged.   Bike runs fantastic 44mpg. 

Edited because link was missing from original post

Mirrmu

still waiting on data from an experienced dyno tuner, all the tuning they do should be easy to get a nice log file

hrdtail78

It's not that I want to rip anybody or any data apart.   A pretty screen shot just doesn't replace raw data for me.  The screen shots of it holding a tune isn't real impressive.  This speaks more on how close the base map was.  I would rather play back the data and watch the system pull in the tune. 

Thanks for the data.
Semper Fi

Onthefence

Quote from: hrdtail78 on October 05, 2015, 05:47:48 PM
It's not that I want to rip anybody or any data apart.   A pretty screen shot just doesn't replace raw data for me.  The screen shots of it holding a tune isn't real impressive.  This speaks more on how close the base map was.  I would rather play back the data and watch the system pull in the tune. 

Thanks for the data.

Sorry,  I meant rip apart tongue and cheek.  Good bad or ugly, the data is what it is.  :)

whittlebeast

OTF

You are there on the fuel side of things with the VE tables.  Did you guys see the MAPxRPM vs Duty Cycle F and R?  Wow.

I am a little concerned on the ignition side.  Mostly on the rear.  Check your plug and plug wire.

Nice job

Andy

whittlebeast

Here is what near perfection looks like on a MAPxRPM vs Duty Cycle scatter plot.

http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/HarleyFuelingPerfection.png

Nice job OTF

Andy

whittlebeast

October 06, 2015, 04:33:19 AM #344 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 06:44:11 AM by whittlebeast
I found a few VEs that may have been slightly missed by the autotunes.  If you are crazy for perfection....

http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/HarleyFuelingPerfection2.png

A really big log would prove this rich bump in the VE table as a true pattern.  The DJ version of CL may be the best closed loop system I have ever run across in the aftermarket.

Andy

hrdtail78

Quote from: whittlebeast on October 06, 2015, 04:33:19 AM
I found a few VEs that may have been slightly missed by the autotunes.  If you are crazy for perfection....

http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/HarleyFuelingPerfection2.png

A really big log would prove this rich bump in the VE table as a true pattern.  The DJ version of CL may be the best closed loop system I have ever run across in the aftermarket.

Andy

I don't know if that is perfect or not.  But if we are only looking at VE tables from 65-86 and not riding over 3340 rpms.  I guess we can label it anything you would like.  I usually see VE values spread more like 80-65 not just 20.   :scratch:
Semper Fi

whittlebeast

The screen shot on post 343 showed the full range of VE of places he hit on that ride.  The second screen shot on 344 was zoomed way in of the VE color to locate the matched data in the patterns

FLTRI

Question: If, through logs, I see poor O2 sampling in say, the 1750-2250 rpms/ 20-50kpa area.
Can I put the TT system in open loop in that area and leave the rest in closed loop?
Or do I have to globally limit the change available through the system to keep the system from tuning itself out in that area?
Thanks,
Bob

whittlebeast

Bob, this is a serious non loaded question....

What are you personally looking at to identify poor o2 sampling?   Can you post a log where you can "see" it happening?

q1svt

I'm still waiting for the same answer... and how does he know the issue is with the O2 from the bike, or was it caused by the sampling tube he sticks up the pipes.

:pop:
Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.