September 21, 2024, 12:43:37 AM

News:

How long does it take

Started by Babygirl73, April 11, 2009, 08:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babygirl73

Ok I was out at my brother in laws Garage with Bill and such and My brother in law decided he want to clean his bike,and let me tell ya by the time him and Bill got done cleaning it it was like 4 hours  :dgust: :wtf:

Seriously how long does it take you guys to clean your Bike on average?
Babygirl AKA Gin

05FLHTC

Clean = 2 hours, wax another 2 hours, wheels & white walls 2 more...total = 6 :embarrassed:
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

takwolf

Yer supposed to clean 'em?  :wtf:
"RIDE WITH THE WIND"

Tsani

wash - about 30 to 45 mins
dry - 15 to 20 mins
Detail spray - about an hour

If I re wax - add an hour.
Chrome polish - oh boy, we are there for at least two more, maybe longer, depends on my cigar and how far into the JD I get!

Would like to add that when I really get into it, I'm not just cleaning it, I am checking stuff. Nothing like hands on.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

02roadcling

About 10 months. Can't seem to do it anymore.
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

seattledyna

some guys can spend all day cleaning a bike they never ride, others can ride a couple thousand miles a month and spend 5 min. cleaning the windscreen :wink:

TwistedSister

4  hours ???. . . .  Sounds  like  it  was  done  with  out  beer  . . . . .   :hyst:

When  my brother  decided to  clean  my  bike. . . .after  two  hours  I  told  him  I  "had  to  go". . .
got  to  my  other  brothers ~n~  both  of us  finished  it  up  in  another  2-3  hours.  There  were  still  little  things  that  coulda  gotten  a  lil  more  attention.   It  looked really  good. . . . however. . . I'd  have  been  happy  with  the  1st  2  hours  on  it   :D
Drinking doesn't cause hangovers... waking up  does...
TS
SW Arkisaw USN RET

L-

Mist bike, spray with cleaner, hose off, dry off with towels, polish windshield with Plexus........ 1 hour.  4-6 hours if you don't wanna do house work or go shopping.........

L-

harleyjt

For a good bags-off wash job, it takes about 2 hours and whole new box of band-aids.   :wink:
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

Clintster

Depends, four hours sounds like a good average for a real nice job, but there had to be some waxing involved with that much time.  I can do the fairly decent job in a hour and a half.  Using the Mr. Clean Auto Dry and leaf blower and some Macguires Quick Detail.  The deluxe job is a good eight hours, but that is wax stem to stern.
Drive fast, take chances

RK101

I guess it depends on ones interpretation of what clean is I guess.  Personally if it takes me longer that 2 hrs to clean my bike I'm being to picky. That only happens twice a year Spring and Fall. The rest of the year it gets a lick and a promise with some soap and water once in a while if it gets to bad. Mostly though a California duster does the trick.
It'll never be mistaken for a garage queen.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

tireater

I'll ask my g/f...If she don't clean...she don't ride...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

chief-z

maybe 3 hours twice a year.
YORK COUNTY, PA. NEAR THE MD BOARDER

jclark311

I do the 4hr detail in the beginning of each season, then i spend about 15 minutes after every ride with a spray called ICE, made by Turtle Wax, you can get it in Walmart. Its good for painted surfaces and chrome.

help-u2

are you guys talking baggers?
my stupid/super glide.  i light pressure wash with my compressor and a siphon gun.
blow it off with air.  wax it...  maybe 40 mins.....
sporty maybe 30 mins.  buell....dont wash it....its yellow and trying to hide color.
get out and ride them....

dirt bikes 5 mins with high pressure to get off mud and crud....good to go....

Skullfork

I'm getting ready to go out and wash my SG here in a few minutes ...usually takes me less than an hour start to finish.

smittyon66

When the wife does it, 1 hour for a quick cleanup, 5 hours to detail it.

When I do it, however long the rain lasts, then 3 minutes to hose it off when I get home.
Forget the bull"Potty mouth" - it's all about two wheels and a motor!

05FLHTC

Quote from: smittyon66 on April 11, 2009, 10:16:51 AM
When the wife does it, 1 hour for a quick cleanup, 5 hours to detail it.

Smitty has your wife got a sister  :teeth:
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

PoorUB

I have yet to spend any more than one hour washing my Ultra, including drying, which I use a Stihl gas powered blower for! It may see wax once a year. I keep my bike fairly clean, but don't get OCD about it! It will just get dirty again tommorrow any way!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

harborjohn

About 10-15 min after every ride. Full wash a couple times a year or if i hit some bad weather.

1JITSU1

Got to teach my wife  I dont have the time  :gob:

Linzie

When my husband and I do it together, it takes about an hour and that's with the help of the air compressor and getting all the water out of the hard to reach areas.  If my husband does it by himself, a couple of hours then we hop on it and go for a ride on the dirt lane we have and by the time we reach the pavement, it's dirty.

When we return home, my husband puts the guilt trip on me and says how a good Harley wife would clean the windshield after a ride.  Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, depends on how I feel but it's the best time to do it because the bugs are easier to get off than waiting overnight.

1JITSU1

Linzie your right rained all day here had to do a toy ride
and now im tired   Tomarrow is a big day  It will have to be Monday
Oh yea HAPPY EASTER every one

Rags722

Ever notice how when you wash and wax the car you hate to take it out if it's raining because it will get all messed up?  I kinda feel the same about the bike.  However, my 05 has NEVER had a full wash with a bucket and soap.  When it gets ugly enough, I'll sop it down with some water and wipe it with a chamois.  Some days I'll even break down and wax part of it.  I don't want something that new to look like a rat bike, and I don't want to miss finding something loose or cracked, but I also never want to avoid taking the bike because it "might" get dirty.  Sure, during the winter the bike keeps getting cleaner and cleaner as I get bored with nothing to do, but once riding season hits it's on it's own.  I'll try to keep it clean enough that I won't get filthy getting on and off it, but for the most part it is NOT a detailed out garage queen.
Rags

neale

Around 4 hours, once a fortnight, unless I've ridden in the rain. It's a good thing to do as it will let you know if something is about to fall off or is worn out. I always start with a tyre pressure and rear shock pressure check.