April 26, 2024, 04:00:34 PM

News:

Front Motor Mount Road Glide

Started by mrmotoguzzi00, May 16, 2019, 10:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmotoguzzi00

Yup I can see a slight tear.....   poking around i see the part is 16207-79 B, C and D....   D being latest I assume...  also found this glide pro thing  ... and alloy art...

Anybody use any of these 3 ?  thoughts ?

D is $64 at Surdyke...
Glide Pro $100 at their site
Alloy Art $105 at PartsGiant....

oh 2004 Road Glide...

'04 Road Glide
UPDATED - Nokomis, FL

ptbjork

I just installed the Alloy Art in 2003 Road King.  Better than the worn out original, but not much better.  I have been thinking about going back to stock mount.
PTBjork

twincam8888

The dash D is a little stiffer than earlier versions but said to be more durable. I bought up a few good used early mounts a few years ago just in case.
But what do I know? I drive a party bus.

smoserx1

I have had a D in for 50K or so, and it is fine.  A little stiff at first, after 1500 miles or so smooth as the original.

PoorUB

$64 gets my vote. The others get good and bad reviews, in fact all three probably get mixed reviews, so buy the cheaper one!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Tarkus60

I just put a glide pro on my 02 king. There is a little difference from stock.

motorhogman

$64.00 sounds like a deal.. I can't find my receipt but the last "D"  I bought I want to say cost be close to $90.00 
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

tbird

Been running a glide pro for about 40,000 miles, pretty nice!

twincam8888

Quote from: smoserx1 on May 16, 2019, 02:43:20 PM
I have had a D in for 50K or so, and it is fine.  A little stiff at first, after 1500 miles or so smooth as the original.
Good to know.
But what do I know? I drive a party bus.

Hossamania

I put the "D" in about 60,000 miles or so ago, works fine. I had one of the "Velvet" mounts, I think it was, transferred way too many vibes, but it was cheap. It's still hanging on the wall.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

mrmotoguzzi00

Went with the 16207-79D .... got frustrated with the surdyke site and the person who was on chat....  sorry but the person was a  bit clueless...

Ended up at Ronnies HD...   website had a great parts look program that showed you the HD style exploded view of stuff, real easy to find what your looking for and get the right part number...

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?make=hdmc

front motor mount 16207-79D 

13      16207-79D*      ENGINE MOUNT, FRONT*    1    70.99 

front caliper rebuild kit

8      44313-01A*      PISTON KIT*    2    68.49

rear slip on muffler rubber hangers

29      65724-85A*      MOUNT, RUBBER*    2    2.99
'04 Road Glide
UPDATED - Nokomis, FL

PoorUB

Yep, I have been using Ronnie's for parts when the local dealer doesn't have it, or when I just don't want to deal with a parts guy that don't  :turd: from shineola.

I started using them years ago when I needed parts for a build and figured i would look them up and give the local dealer's parts guy the list, then I thought, why bother, and just bought them from Ronnie's.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

kd

Quote from: PoorUB on May 24, 2019, 02:24:00 PM
Yep, I have been using Ronnie's for parts when the local dealer doesn't have it, or when I just don't want to deal with a parts guy that don't  :turd: from shineola.

I started using them years ago when I needed parts for a build and figured i would look them up and give the local dealer's parts guy the list, then I thought, why bother, and just bought them from Ronnie's.

:up:  They have been providing the Part's Finder for a long time as a service.  It's good to hear from  someone that is giving back.
KD

Tacocaster

...I drool over their prices but Ronnies' won't sell outside the USA due to Corporate HD's Policy -
"Due to Harley-Davidson® policies, we will not be able to ship outside the lower 48 states. We also will not be able to ship to forwarding companies or other addresses that intend to ship outside the USA. If you are getting a error message of "12-1", this is because we do not accept any orders that are being placed from an international IP address. Every order is thoroughly checked, and if we feel that the information that has been provided is not meeting Harley-Davidson® policies the order will be canceled immediately. We take their policies very seriously. We can and will refuse any order not meeting their criteria."

Regardless, I've used their Part's Finder for years.....and continue to drool.
We're all A-holes. It's to what degree that makes us different.

mrmotoguzzi00

KD, little off topic but are those hd side cars in your pic ?  That's a goal for me, want to add a HD sidecar so the pooch can come for rides :)
'04 Road Glide
UPDATED - Nokomis, FL