April 25, 2024, 11:43:06 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Lubriplate 110 substitute?

Started by Jim Bronson, November 30, 2018, 03:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bronson

Is there an acceptable substitute for Lubriplate 110 grease? I'm rebuilding my starter solenoid, and the SM calls for it on the new plunger/spring. I can only find it in 35 Lb. buckets.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

joe40x

MSC #01245455
Big Book Page #3067,
10 0Z, TUBE
$11.43

Lots of smaller tubes on Amazon

Jim Bronson

O'reilly's carries the 105. Can I substitute it for the 110? The application doesn't seem to be anything special-just the solenoid plunger.

Hossamania

I read that it's application is as a brake grease, so maybe a similar grease would work.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

gordonr

I thought I had some in a smaller container but it was 130. but did find the same as Hoss. https://www.lubriplate.com/Products/Multi-Purpose-Greases/100-130-Series.html
"If was easy everyone would do it"

smoserx1

QuoteI read that it's application is as a brake grease, so maybe a similar grease would work.

That is what I used when I replaced my starter clutch.  All I could find was that bulk tub of lubriplate...no way I was going to buy that.  The brake grease worked fine.

Jim Bronson

The SM recommends Lubriplate 110, which is a brake grease. So I'll just pick up a small tube of some other brand of brake grease at O'reilly's. Many thanks guys.

wfolarry

There was a time that every auto parts store around had nothing but the 110 on the shelf. Now they have everything but.
The 110 is a calcium based grease. They might have those little squeeze pouches available. Last time I bought brake pads they were trying to sell me one at the checkout.