April 30, 2024, 04:10:08 AM

News:

Wet Sumping

Started by JB2017CVO, August 16, 2017, 11:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB2017CVO

Has anyone heard of a fix for the stage 3 and 4 kits for the CVOs yet....I know that they came out with a new oil pump that supposedly fixed the problem...but it didnt fix all of them....Rumor has it that there is another NEW oil pump out now that will fix the issue...Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor....

rbabos

Quote from: JB2017CVO on August 16, 2017, 11:45:03 AM
Has anyone heard of a fix for the stage 3 and 4 kits for the CVOs yet....I know that they came out with a new oil pump that supposedly fixed the problem...but it didnt fix all of them....Rumor has it that there is another NEW oil pump out now that will fix the issue...Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor....
Let's hope it's fixed. Supposedly the 117s will be in the 2018 CVOs
Ron

harleytuner

I know there's a few over on HDF that got new engines, one is on his 3rd the other his 4th.  Hopefully they will be reporting back with good news in a few days or so.

tomcat64

yupper,, there is a replacement oil pump, your dealer should know all about it. Be aware the dealer had to perform a couple of checks before the new pump is used as not all sumpers are caused by the pump..

I believe if you look down a little this has been discussed at length.

petsur

Mine goes in next week for sumping.  Hope they have the new one.

JB2017CVO

OKAY....I know they came out with a new oil pump with the SB 1450....I had that one installed in my last motor...I have been through 3 top ends and the last one was a total new motor out of the crate that Harley sent....and it still sumped...My question is.....Is there a new Oil Pump since 1450?

Sunny Jim

So is this sumping issue only in 114 kits.

cmashark

Quote from: Sunny Jim on August 18, 2017, 05:22:22 PM
So is this sumping issue only in 114 kits.

107-yes
Stage 3/4 114-yes
CVO 114-haven't heard of one yet
Stage 3/4 CVO 117-yes
Non-HD 117 or 120-only heard of one possibly having an issue.

I don't believe this is a stage whatever issue, but an oil pump issue.  It just shows up more frequently in the stage 3/4 engines because they are typically ran at higher rpms for longer periods.  My stage 3 117 lived at 3K rpms and regularly saw 4500+ rpms.  HD now owns that bike and I have since bought another M8. Once the oil system is fixed, I'll have this one torn apart.

S&S is working on a replacement pump and have heard Feuling is also.
2021 FLHXSE