April 30, 2024, 01:31:58 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

So why no liquid cooling on the 117 CVO Street Glide?

Started by spook, August 24, 2017, 07:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

No coolers so you can put those vinyl covers on the front engine guard when it gets cold...
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

sfmichael

Quote from: tomcat64 on September 11, 2017, 06:21:34 AM
Quote from: PoorUB on September 05, 2017, 06:26:10 AM
Probably the best engine HAD ever built and they stopped building them! :banghead:

100% agree and I own a 2003 V-Rod, that being said,  we couldn't sell them to save our lives,, my last 2 finally sold after we dropped them to $1,000 below invoice,,

here's the bottom line why the V-Rod is gone....a great motor in a bike that not enough people liked

the motor may come back in some other machine but HD gave the Vrod plenty of time to catch on...cut your losses

As for HD not knowing who their demographic is...Really? 
I think they know exactly who their demographic is and they've been trying to lure younger buyers for years...not as successfully as they would like...but definitely trying - while still trying to please the over 40 crowd.

You can't be serious...
Colorado Springs, CO.

PoorUB

Quote from: sfmichael on September 15, 2017, 10:11:22 AMAs for HD not knowing who their demographic is...Really? 
I think they know exactly who their demographic is and they've been trying to lure younger buyers for years...not as successfully as they would like...but definitely trying - while still trying to please the over 40 crowd.

You can't be serious...

The point you miss is the over 40 demographic is getting older (last check HD's average buyer was 47 years old and getting older.), and in a few years will be gone. The younger generations are not very interested in motorcycles. The millennials are not buying motorcycles in any great numbers and chances are they will not be buying them when they turn 40. Harley knows who is buying today, what they don't know is who will be buying in ten+ years. Harley needs to diversify as the existing market is getting smaller or continue to produce less units.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Hossamania

Correct on producing less motorcycles. Ideally, you would want to make one less than you can actually sell.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.