May 09, 2024, 01:02:16 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SuperTrapp 2 into 1 header

Started by Quigley, August 26, 2017, 09:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quigley

Looking to change out my stock pipes on my 2008 XL1200R. I like the 2 into 1 look.
Have any of you used the SuperTrapp pipes? Do you recommend them?
If not, why?
Is there a better pipe setup, I'm older now and not looking for loud, but would like better performance.

guppymech

I had a Supertrapp 2-1 that I used on a couple mid 90s Sporty's.  I liked it a lot, it was known to make some good power, weighed less than the stock pipes and by changing the amount of discs you could quiet it down.  I thought it sounded like a V8 with free flowing mufflers.  I sold mine and if I didn't have some nice pipes I'd probably look into getting another.
'84 FXE, '02 883R

Carl 1969

Loved that pipe on my '94 883/1200. Careful tuning/tweaking the carb tho- had a scar on my wrist for over 10 yrs from that rear pipe.
Lieber stehend sterben, als kniend leben
Sergeant First Class, US Army, Retired

Quigley

To: ASWRACING
I read your website. Called and left 2 messages and sent email form from your site.
No reply
are you still in business?

Thakery

Quote from: Quigley on August 26, 2017, 09:44:53 AM
Looking to change out my stock pipes on my 2008 XL1200R. I like the 2 into 1 look.
Have any of you used the SuperTrapp pipes? Do you recommend them?
If not, why?
Is there a better pipe setup, I'm older now and not looking for loud, but would like better performance.

If you are looking for performance then it all depends on what else you've done/ are doing to the engine - I fitted a supertrap 2 into 1 on an 883/1200 conversion and it seriously restricted the engine after about 4000rpm. They are good for torque at lower revs, but as for performance overall they need an open end cap or will restrict things - I tried using twelve discs and it didn't make much difference. Open pipes flow more and that is what performance is about in my humble opinion.

cyclobutch

Bought an alloy end cap for a SuperTrapp can I was running on another bike; then just drilled and turned a hole directly through the end of it. Didn't work so good as a spark arrester of course, but otherwise seemed to do the job.
B
'88 XLH1200

Carl 1969

FWIW, I ran mine with 18 discs & the closed end cap. Was gonna try the open end cap, but it ran so well, I never got to it. After a dyno pull, the operator/tuner said the tune looked spot-on & not to change a thing.
Lieber stehend sterben, als kniend leben
Sergeant First Class, US Army, Retired

Burnout

I have one I'm putting on my Ironhead.

I'm not planning to use disc's in mine I will make an inverted cone cap and see how that works.

It's a good pipe.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"