April 27, 2024, 11:22:04 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Exhaust

Started by 05cvoeg, September 25, 2017, 06:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05cvoeg

Anyone just putting slip-ons on there m8 without doing the air cleaner or tuner

Grof

why would you do that, if you want performance and bike to run good you have to change whole exhaust (pricey but that is the name of the game), and you have to do dyno or bike will run rough, so get your hi flow air intake , cams, exhaust and dyno tune it and you will be happy camper ever after.... :)

92flhtcu

lots of folks just putting slip-ons on and nothing more. Do I recommend? Nope, I'd tune a brand new stock bike. But as stated, lots of folks doing it
Need a bigger garage

DTTJGlide

I have a 17 RG, put a slip-on day after I bought it nothing else now has 14,5K, runs good, sounds better. Probably would be better with a tune but I'm not going to risk losing my warranty, if it need to go in for anything I'll reinstall the stock mufflers. I said slip-on (singular) because I put a Khrome Werks Torque Booster on, it uses the stock headpipe & converts it into a 2-1 by using a cap & plug to seal off the crossover since the M8 has a larger right side outlet. It runs smooth, not overly hot, & gets 45-46 MPG average, over 50 while riding the twisties out in CO. I'm very pleased with the sound & performance for about $450, a good friend bought one after he saw & heard mine, he is pleased also, both bikes totally stock. I plan to do a stage 2 after the warranty runs out 6-19 for now I'm happy the way it is.

tomcat64

I would say that MOST people are simply throwing on a pair of slip-ons..

Soonerp

Screaming eagle full exhaust upgrade to 2.25 head pipe and crossover is about 1300 bucks.  Is there that much performance gain?  Considering stage III with just slip ons. Thoughts?

Kansas

:koolaid3:thoughts?  I think its too much money.

bensfatboy

I wouldn't even buying a M8 in the first place.