April 27, 2024, 06:33:10 AM

News:

Cam Comparison

Started by dwjohnson, September 28, 2017, 06:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwjohnson

Looking at the specs of the SE263E and the CycleRama 630i. I have heard really good things about the CR cam and it seems to make really good power in everything it's put in.
On the other hand, the SE263E is not talked about much at all and I've not seen it used in much of anything.
The specs seem mighty close to me, right down to lobe centers and LSA. I mean there is some difference, like 41 vs 37 overlap,  but is any of this difference enough to make all this output difference?
Am I wrong about the SE263E, does anyone like it??

Ohio HD

I know nothing about the SE-263, but the 630i is almost exactly an S&S 625 advanced 4°.

[attach=0]

Durwood

Quote from: dwjohnson on September 28, 2017, 06:50:20 PM
Looking at the specs of the SE263E and the CycleRama 630i. I have heard really good things about the CR cam and it seems to make really good power in everything it's put in.
On the other hand, the SE263E is not talked about much at all and I've not seen it used in much of anything.
The specs seem mighty close to me, right down to lobe centers and LSA. I mean there is some difference, like 41 vs 37 overlap,  but is any of this difference enough to make all this output difference?
Am I wrong about the SE263E, does anyone like it??
The lobe design of the 630i is what sets it apart from the other grinds, even though the timing events are similar, the power output will not be the same.

Contact Wes at Cycle-Rama and let him give you the 411.

rigidthumper

You could try the 263 fairly cheap- GMR had 3 for sell in the swap meet for $75 each.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Timinator

WOW!!!  That probably answered the question!    TIMINATOR
MODESTY IS A CRUTCH FOR THE INCOMPETENT!!!

dwjohnson

Yea exactly, I saw the cams that GMR had for sale , and have been trying to get one for sometime now, but not sure if I've offended him or something, he will not respond to me. If someone has a chance to ask him, I would love to get one to try.

I did talk to Wes a long time back about his 630i for another build I helped on. can't remember what all he told me now, something about it's inverted,  but that cam does put out .

On the +4 gear, am I right that only the opening, closing and TDC lifts change??
Thanks!

Ohio HD

And lobe centers.

[attach=0]

Mirrmu

Just be margin on aftermarket that people can sell and profit, they get pumped up by shops

Matt C

Quote from: dwjohnson on September 29, 2017, 09:39:11 AM
Yea exactly, I saw the cams that GMR had for sale , and have been trying to get one for sometime now, but not sure if I've offended him or something, he will not respond to me. If someone has a chance to ask him, I would love to get one to try.

I did talk to Wes a long time back about his 630i for another build I helped on. can't remember what all he told me now, something about it's inverted,  but that cam does put out .

On the +4 gear, am I right that only the opening, closing and TDC lifts change??
Thanks!

He's probably just really busy. Try calling him early (first thing) in the morning. He's a good guy.