Question about Boom Stage 2 Speaker Wiring

Started by flh canuck, October 12, 2017, 09:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flh canuck

In the process of installing the Stage 2 Boom audio system in my 2018 Ultra Limited.

Trying to figure out how to connect the "Y" harness 69200925 for the front tweeter/midrange speakers.

The instructions for front speaker install say to plug the "Y" harness into the fairing mounted amplifier output harness connector (313). Seems simple enough but no....

According to the instructions for the front amplifier install, connector (313) of the amplifier harness is supposed to plug into jumper 69200489 which goes to the rear amplifier mounted under the tour pack....

If so, then where does the "Y" harness plug into? Getting frustrated and found another forum where somebody else had the same question but nobody answered....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....
2018 Ultra Limited. Back in black!

flh canuck

Well...... Looks like I found the answer to my own question after all.

I was following the instructions that came with the Stage II Boom! Audio front speaker kit dated 2014-10-07 and amplifier kit instructions dated 2015-09-11.

According to updated instructions for the front speaker installation I found on the web dated 2016-06-28, the newer instructions very specifically state that the jumper harness 69200489 is only required on the CVO models.... WTF? :angry:

Very nice of Harley Davidson to provide an update that there is a major screw up with their earlier instructions [sarcasm].... On the positive side, even with the extra 8 hours researching this wiring issue, I am still miles ahead doing install myself vs the 1000 plus dollars our dealer charges for the install......

2018 Ultra Limited. Back in black!