April 30, 2024, 11:32:55 AM

News:

Sluggish

Started by JB2017CVO, October 28, 2017, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB2017CVO

Just had a stage 4 installed in my 2017 Street Glide CVO and now it is running sluggish at WOT in the rpm range of 3700 to 4200 or so...Prior to tuning it did have a PO132 code...but since the tune no code...but is running sluggish is that rpm range...Could a bad O2 sensor be giving my tuner a false reading? exhaust leak? Any ideas? All thoughts appreciated at this point

Ozbob

JB2017CVO

No Ozbob....been there done that....this is different...just in that certain rpm range...

happyman

Quote from: JB2017CVO on October 28, 2017, 07:03:35 PM
No Ozbob....been there done that....this is different...just in that certain rpm range...
using the street tuner?

JB2017CVO

Using a Power Vision tuner...and its a professional tune on it as well....Let me add that if you let off the throttle just a little in that rpm range you can feel the bike pickup power again. Just having a hard time wrapping my head around this one..

Durwood

Have you talked with your tuning tech about it? If not, that is what I would suggest.

happyman

Quote from: JB2017CVO on October 29, 2017, 05:45:11 AM
Using a Power Vision tuner...and its a professional tune on it as well....Let me add that if you let off the throttle just a little in that rpm range you can feel the bike pickup power again. Just having a hard time wrapping my head around this one..

spool it hard through  four gears  then let off to whatever cruising  speed maybe 60 or 70mph.   ride it for 1/8th or so mile then roll into it  if its sumping you will know it. it may take more than one shot  of spirited riding. to get it happen but you for sure will find out. passing cars say from 60 or 70 mph the pass two cars at once or just roll it to + 100,  it will not want to pull  and lets off the throttle quickly.  especially  in lower gears,  it is abrupt as you care to see it.   to the dangerous area is where it goes. the man with a dyno can do it too and there are no police on a dyno,  and its safer  along with  you won't be walking home .  or towing.

JB2017CVO

Its not a sumping issue....have been down that road already several times....

happyman

October 29, 2017, 07:08:03 AM #8 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:07:12 PM by FSG
Quote from: JB2017CVO on October 29, 2017, 06:38:33 AM
Its not a sumping issue....have been down that road already several times....

you pulled the plastic plug from the bottom of the pan?  nothing came out?  or very little! that is strange but no surprise..

Pirsch Fire Wagon

There is an issue with the first, possibly second tooth on the gears breaking causing the throttle to advance much slower when turning the the Grip. What you're explaining seem to be what I have read. I will check HD.Net later and see if I can locate the communication to dealers.
Tom

happyman

Quote from: PIRSCH FIRE WAGON on November 14, 2017, 05:04:08 PM
There is an issue with the first, possibly second tooth on the gears breaking causing the throttle to advance much slower when turning the the Grip. What you're explaining seem to be what I have read. I will check HD.Net later and see if I can locate the communication to dealers.
Yes with this latest and greatest pump and  a new camplate.