April 30, 2024, 07:10:54 AM

News:

Eitms

Started by Sunny Jim, November 09, 2017, 03:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunny Jim

It appears we cannot shut off EITMS on an M8. Is this the case?

Ohio HD

I wonder about PV or TTS? For the Twin Cam bikes, both tuners will turn them on or off.

DTTJGlide

Mine was turned off when I got it, thought you could do it yourself & the directions were in the manual, if not the dealer can do it.

twincamzz

:rtfb: on my 2017 M8 I can indeed shut off EITMS. Instructions are in my owners manual, however I don't have it with me right now so I am going by memory here.
1. Turn on ignition switch & push engine off/run switch (right handlebar) to the "run" position (don't start bike).
2. Push throttle to roll-off position and hold.
3. After ~3-sec, the cruise indicator lamp will either flash "green" (EITMS enabled) or "red" (EITMS disabled).
4. Repeat procedure as needed to enable/disable EITMS.
not all who wander are lost...

Sunny Jim

I will give it a go.

ultrafxr

Quote from: twincamzz on November 10, 2017, 03:30:31 AM
:rtfb: on my 2017 M8 I can indeed shut off EITMS. Instructions are in my owners manual, however I don't have it with me right now so I am going by memory here.
1. Turn on ignition switch & push engine off/run switch (right handlebar) to the "run" position (don't start bike).
2. Push throttle to roll-off position and hold.
3. After ~3-sec, the cruise indicator lamp will either flash "green" (EITMS enabled) or "red" (EITMS disabled).
4. Repeat procedure as needed to enable/disable EITMS.
And you can also do this while the engine is running.  And pushing the 'info' button on the right handlebar switch pak will display the EITMS status - along with air temp and if oil pressure is OK .

SLAATY

Quote from: ultrafxr on November 11, 2017, 09:09:16 AM
And you can also do this while the engine is running.  And pushing the 'info' button on the right handlebar switch pak will display the EITMS status - along with air temp and if oil pressure is OK .

Exception in touring class is the FLHR. My '17 King has 6 modes to cycle thru on the speedo and that's it. Odo, Trips A&B, Range, Clock, & Gear/RPM.

I'd like to see a oil pressure gauge added by simply swapping the switch out for a sensor but haven't seen anything yet.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

The 2017 and later Milwaukee Eight engine warm idle speed is 850 RPM, but ... When EITMS is active on this engine, the idle speed will increase to ... Ambient Air Temperature (AAT) sensor reading is above preset level (radio equipped models only) ... EITMS can be enabled or disabled with the engine running or shut off.

As of now, a Manual Pressure gauge can be installed to display the EOP / EOT.

I am not aware if the MoCo has any plans to alter the Infotainment Display. But will email Engineering when I get a moment to see if there are plans, or if there is a way to augment the display.

Tom

tomcat64

Just to be sure I just did it on a 2018 tri-glide,, works just like it did in the past..