May 04, 2024, 01:27:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

CR 460 cam

Started by Sunny Jim, November 18, 2017, 03:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunny Jim

Here we are several weeks later and the Cam decision went the way of the CR460 in my otherwise stock 107 RG( pipes and A/C).
Now I have no investment in promoting one product in favour of another, so my comments are from my own experience.
The CR 460 is an excellent performer . I installed it, flashed a map and carried out one A/T on narrow hands via PV.
One dyno run only provided several anomalies in my tune and it still went 95hp/ 105tq.
Time for a decent tune . But what great bike to ride.
Very happy ! ( for now)

SLAATY

:agree:

Don't have numbers, but the difference in 5th gear roll on was significant. S&S standard lifters quieted the valve train down also. Even noticed much better tone off of my Street Cannons. I'll be staying with them at this point.

Done several PV tunes, but soon as possible the King will be headed to Durwood's for tweaking. If he hasn't retired before I can scrape up the cash...

rigidthumper

Can you post the sheet now, so we can see before/after?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

goose2

My tuner said the 460 was the best cam for the M8 so far. Said he liked how the torque come on 300 rpm earlier than some of the earlier ones. I just ordered it and bassani 2-1 road rage exhaust. I will report back with before and after graff when I get it done.

badcooky

sfmichael

good info - thanks Jim  :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

lhgdale

I have been on the fence between the CR460 and WM8-22x cams but I think the 460 is the better performer.

badcooky

Yea I think I'll go the CR 460 after warranty.

Sunny Jim

I am sure whatever you choose will merit a good result. Local lads used the SS cam and it changed the bike for the better.
It's that classic conundrum ' once you get it you will probably want more'.
I feel Like I am being drawn into the same void I experienced with my twin cam.
More , more. More.
I need help! Lol! 

To The Max

Quote from: Sunny Jim on December 31, 2017, 10:37:25 PM
I am sure whatever you choose will merit a good result. Local lads used the SS cam and it changed the bike for the better.
It's that classic conundrum ' once you get it you will probably want more'.
I feel Like I am being drawn into the same void I experienced with my twin cam.
More , more. More.
I need help! Lol!
Jim  know a good Cycleoligist that might be able to help. if not I could break you fingers with a hammer,that will stop you tinkering. Max