May 04, 2024, 06:42:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Lifters

Started by goose2, November 24, 2017, 10:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose2

Bike has 900 miles on it. Going to add a cr 460 cam. Do I need to add new lifters with only 900 miles on the ones in there now?

Ohio HD

I know I would. -99C lifters should be replaced if in there in my opinion.

Coyote

Prostock

Yes, and S@S adjustable pushrods #930-0123

PoorUB

Yes, and about any lifter other than the stock Harley lifters. Personally I have used the S&S Premiums with great results. Cry once and get it over with.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Rockout Rocker Products

WFOLarry has great lifters at great prices... it's what I run... http://www.larrysmotorcyclemachine.com/lifters.html
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

TXChop

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on November 24, 2017, 04:42:07 PM
WFOLarry has great lifters at great prices... it's what I run... http://www.larrysmotorcyclemachine.com/lifters.html
:up: Same here and your product as well.

Nastytls

Quote from: TXCHOP on November 24, 2017, 07:48:55 PM
Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on November 24, 2017, 04:42:07 PM
:up: Same here and your product as well.
Third vote for Larry, they are very reasonably priced and nice and quiet.

HD/Wrench

If you use the S&S push rod kit make sure you get the flat washers if your bike is a 2018  HD made a change in the lower tube and it no longer use's the flat washer S&S knows about this now and will add them to the kit but you could end up with a older kit and not have the flat washer like the 17 has but 18 does not .

Lifters well go with what makes you feel better..   :wink: 

Prostock

Did they just eliminate them so the spring puts pressure on the o rings :wtf:

HD/Wrench

no the o ring is inside the lower tube now

Jim Bronson

Quote from: PoorUB on November 24, 2017, 01:01:19 PM
Yes, and about any lifter other than the stock Harley lifters. Personally I have used the S&S Premiums with great results. Cry once and get it over with.
:agree: I had them installed along with my Tire Shredder kit. Peace of mind for sure.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

sfmichael

definitely swap them out if you're going in...  :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

BVHOG

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on November 28, 2017, 02:47:13 PM
no the o ring is inside the lower tube now
Just found that out myself last week, had an older kit on the shelf but luckily had a bag of washers as well. Good to hear they are putting them in now.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Prostock

Just finished this 14 tri glide today.  Lifter caused 2k plus damage

Tail Ridr

Is there a particular mileage you can cover before worrying about lifter failure or just a roll of the dice?
Eliminate the Imperfections of mass production!

harleytuner

Quote from: Tail Ridr on December 27, 2017, 05:34:59 PM
Is there a particular mileage you can cover before worrying about lifter failure or just a roll of the dice?

I've had then bad at mid 20k's.  I wouldn't go over 20. 

Hossamania

If they are the -99c lifters as has been said, same as in the Twin Cams, mine were noisy as hell at 18,000 miles, replaced with S&S. Quite obviously quieter when started for the first time. And still, 16,000 miles later.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.