May 04, 2024, 12:21:19 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Good friend with an M8 getting dealer installed Stage3

Started by DeneFLHR, December 07, 2017, 12:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don D

DeneFLHR

Quote from: CndUltra88 on December 15, 2017, 12:09:01 PM
I would send the guy to Russell up in Nanaimo to do the work and tune before I let the guys at Barnes touch my motor.
That's just me though.
Rob
Rob, it's warranty that is the issue here, not quality of tune.
In the end we'll see how it runs as it was completed the other day.
2019 FLTRX "Fin"

CndUltra88

December 16, 2017, 06:12:24 AM #27 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:17:09 AM by CndUltra88
Quote from: DeneFLHR on December 15, 2017, 01:12:51 PM
I would send the guy to Russell up in Nanaimo to do the work and tune before I let the guys at Barnes touch my motor.
That's just me though.
Rob

Good Morning DeneFLHR, I'll apologize now.

I read the original post and understood the concerns of your buddy and warranty concerns.

But, I wouldnt take my bike to a Car Dealership mentality that is posing as a Harley Davidson Dealership.

Nor would it seem did the Victoria Police Dept either.

When they had the fleet of Police HD, they would ship them to Trev D in Vancouver for service...

Enough of my rant about the only (authorized)shop you guys have on the Island.

I'm sure he will be happy with his decision just dont tell him about my opinion thats all.
Ride often and have fun.

Rob

Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

DeneFLHR

Quote from: CndUltra88 on December 16, 2017, 06:12:24 AM
Quote from: DeneFLHR on December 15, 2017, 01:12:51 PM
That's just me though.
Rob

Good Morning DeneFLHR, I'll apologize now.

I read the original post and understood the concerns of your buddy and warranty concerns.

But, I wouldnt take my bike to a Car Dealership mentality that is posing as a Harley Davidson Dealership.

Nor would it seem did the Victoria Police Dept either.

When they had the fleet of Police HD, they would ship them to Trev D in Vancouver for service...

Enough of my rant about the only (authorized)shop you guys have on the Island.

I'm sure he will be happy with his decision just dont tell him about my opinion thats all.
Ride often and have fun.

Rob
Don't worry Rob, I agree with you totally and it wouldn't have been the road I would have chosen either.
Nothing good has ever come out of their shop and the two-bit salesman are out and out liars.
I still would've argued how they can charge my friend 3hrs to dyno his bike with the Street emissions based tuner.
Can't wait to get a chance to ride it as I thought my Fuel Moto stock mapped SGS is was more perky than his Stage1 M8 was last season. I wasn't impressed at all.
I will post back on how it did turn out.
2019 FLTRX "Fin"

DeneFLHR

Bike delivered back the other day and when we went to see how it sounded we started it immediately idled at 2500.
I felt this was hard on a stone cold motor and we shut it down.
My friend, (the owner), said the dealer said cycle the key switch 5x as every hi power Stage 3 motor they build does this, ( totally normal for power builds Barnes Harley said).
After cycling key, start bike and it will idle in normal range.
I wouldn't be happy doing this every cold morning. My last motor was a 124/121 107" and if I remember mine went to about 1350-1400 max then quickly came down. My other friend with a 2013 117" CVO thinks his is about 1400rpm.
Was this an error when they dyno tuned it with the SEPST?
2019 FLTRX "Fin"

Hossamania

If he is supposed to cycle the key five times before he starts it every time it is cold just so it runs normally, then hell yes, something is wrong.
If every stage 3 build from them does this, and they think this is normal, then they should not do any builds.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

koko3052

Yup.....sounds like a GREAT shop.....they all do that! :slap:  :turd: