May 04, 2024, 01:28:48 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Two different SE 203 Part numbers

Started by crazycalvin, November 11, 2008, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycalvin

Hello to all.  I have a question about the SE-203 Cam Kits.  Part number 25937-99B says it is for 99-05 Dyna, 00-06 Softail, 99-06 Touring.  Part number 29791-05 says it is for 05 FLSTFI 15th Anniversary models.  What is the difference between these two cam kits?  I would have thought that a SE-203 Cam Kit for an '05 would be universal and fit any '05.  Is there something physically different between the cams themselves?  And another thing, I thought the SE fatboys came with bigger cams than the SE-203.  Thanks, Calvin.

Tattoo

the cams for the 05 FLSTI part#29791-05 are the "50 state street legal" version.
"You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me"

crazycalvin

Is there a way to recognize the difference between the two from looking at them?  Am I correct in assuming that the "50 State Legal" set would have less performance?  Thanks, Calvin.

Tattoo

I don't know if you can tell by looking at them but the street legal ones wood be less desirable in my opinion.
"You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me"

crazycalvin

Maybe someone at a dealership has one of each and can take a peek and see if the actual part number engraved on the cams are different.  Thanks, Calvin.

crazycalvin

I talked to my local dealer today and he told me he thought there was a different grind on the SE-203 for the SE Fatboy since it came with a 95 versus an 88, hence a different part number.  I told him that the SE-203 cams I have, have SEH-203 stamped on one lobe of each cam.  He said he didn't know what the "H" in SEH-203 stamped on the lobe meant.  Is this just a regular SE-203 set of cams?  Thanks, Calvin.