April 28, 2024, 10:11:01 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Battery Inverted

Started by -deuced-, January 11, 2018, 05:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-deuced-

I'm not talking about hooking up the microwave to heat up my coffee, I'm talking about upside down!  Now the big white "do not drink" sticker across the top has turned green. What the  :scratch:. It's a HD agm. I thought these were a sealed unit but I guess it leaked. Any of you mediums see a new battery in my near future?

Coyote

You should not mount them upside down. Upright or on a side is fine.

harley_cruiser

04 SE Deuce

Just because your down-under doesn't mean you need to invert the battery.   :kick:

Hossamania

A perfect situation for Lithium battery.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Panzer

Excuse me but, why mount a battery upside down?  :nix:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Hossamania

Custom bikes sometimes have odd set ups, maybe the cable route works out better to hide them when the battery is upside down.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

-deuced-

Yeah, I wanted to save weight by running shorter cables  :hyst:
I did not install the battery upside down. I'm not a complete idiot, parts of me are missing  :wink:
The battery fell off the bench. Case looks ok but possible internal damage. I was puzzled about the sticker turning green. My alternator rotor also fell off the bench.

Coyote

Probably ought to add leveling the bench to your projects.  :doh:

PoorUB

Quote from: Coyote on January 12, 2018, 03:58:28 PM
Probably ought to add leveling the bench to your projects.  :doh:

Or clean it off! Probably has tens years worth of crap piled on it. :potstir:
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Panzer

I'll just balance it on the top of the vise, that's holding the length of pipe, next to the.........
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.