April 27, 2024, 12:53:52 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

107 Vs 114

Started by Grayrider, January 12, 2018, 01:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grayrider

Looking at 2018 Heritage and Fatboys. The question asked is what motor 107 or 114.
Is there a big difference between the 2 motors that warrants a $1500 cost up for 114?
Are they basically the same motor with just a difference in CI's
I didn't notice a huge difference in them when I rode them on the tryout days.
Rode a 107 Fatbob and a 114 Fatboy.
Heritage broke down that day and was in the trailer! lol

I'm Sexy – I Ride a Harley – I can't Help It!

1FSTRK

The longer stroke of the 114 means that at every performance up grade level it will continue to exceed the same level improvements on a 107. You can put a stroker crank in a 107 later but not for 1500 beans.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

hd06

Which broke down 107 or 114

Grayrider

Heritage was a 107. They said something about the clutch not letting it shift.

sfmichael

Quote from: 1FSTRK on January 12, 2018, 01:31:00 PM
The longer stroke of the 114 means that at every performance up grade level it will continue to exceed the same level improvements on a 107. You can put a stroker crank in a 107 later but not for 1500 beans.

^^^ here ya go  :up:   :smiled:

Colorado Springs, CO.

Ancient

You're mulling over mid $20's K bikes and wondering about spending $214.28 per cubic inch more? That's pretty much chump change in the HD world.

No replacement for displacement.
Greg

FLHRI_2004

When I rode the 107's & 114's at York last September, I thought the 114's did indeed have more get up and go.  If I had a choice, I'd take the 114.

But my all stock 103 is plenty enough for me at this time.  Yeah, I know, I'm just a boring guy.  :embarrassed:
My Ride: Road King

Grayrider

My last bike 10' EG 103 had plenty of power for me too. Just got heavy for local riding.
I only add breather and pipes normally and happy with them that way.
I would be OK with either the 107 or 114 I expect.
But as mentioned for the minimal cost I will probably go with the 114.

bxbutch

I bought a 114 heritage a couple of weeks ago & because of the weather & some family matters never got to really ride it until today this bike 
is 1oo pounds lighter than my road king which is why I bought it (getting old ) . It handles like my 60s era pan chopper & takes the bumps better than my RK. It has good power & is comfortable . Cant ask for more than that  Butch 

sfmichael

Quote from: bxbutch on January 21, 2018, 05:32:44 PM
I bought a 114 heritage a couple of weeks ago & because of the weather & some family matters never got to really ride it until today this bike 
is 1oo pounds lighter than my road king which is why I bought it (getting old ) . It handles like my 60s era pan chopper & takes the bumps better than my RK. It has good power & is comfortable . Cant ask for more than that  Butch

:beer: :up: congrats
Colorado Springs, CO.

Hossamania

Come spring I'll be demo riding a few of the new Softails. I probably should take a RoadKing and a dresser out too. A Street and a Sportster just for fun as well.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

sfmichael

Quote from: Hossamania on January 22, 2018, 06:06:47 AM
Come spring I'll be demo riding a few of the new Softails. I probably should take a RoadKing and a dresser out too. A Street and a Sportster just for fun as well.

heck yeah  :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Johnwesley

I test road most of the new softails at bbb, and liked the 114 heritage best. I raved about it to dad some much that he traded moms bike in on one. The 114 deal is it will start being more power as people progress through stage 1 and then two stage two. That stg 2 114 is nice.

With the improvements in suspension I believe the heritage will make a nice smaller touring bike. Mom down sized from a roadglide ultra to one. Her ultra was getting to heavy for here at age 70
05 FXD superglide,98",10.6,S&S585, HPI 55/58,
WFO Larry's cnc2+, supermeg,120hp

FLHRI_2004

Quote from: Johnwesley on February 06, 2018, 02:27:51 PM
. . . and liked the 114 heritage best. . .

That was my favorite 2018 model.  But I'm not giving up my '14 Road King; I like it too much.
My Ride: Road King

Mainecat

Your the only one that can justify the cost to upgrade.  I bought a stock 17 and then did a stage 3, at a much higher cost.  This is the cheapest your going to get it at and keep the warranty.  If you decide down the road you want more, the 114 with an aftermarket cam, breather, pipes, etc, is doing 120-130 tq/hp range.