May 03, 2024, 11:12:18 PM

News:

CVO Limited 117 Cam

Started by PFWiz, January 24, 2018, 08:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PFWiz

I heard that the stock cam in the 2018 CVO Limited is the SE8-447 Screaming Eagle torque cam. The same cam listed for stage twos.
Can anyone verify if this is true?

Jeevz

Doesn't look like it.

SE8-447 part number is 25400199
2018 CVO Limited cam is part number 25400273

The CVO cam doesn't match any of the performance cam part numbers in the SE Performance catalog.

HD/Wrench

I posted the specs it is its own cam . I had andrews  roll the cam and have all the specs

Valve Lift   Duration   Timing      Centerline   TDC
Intake   .438   188   -9   17   103   .050

Exhaust   .432   212   48   -16   122   .041

1.6:1 rocker ratio         
Duration and timing @ .050" cam lift                  

PFWiz

Thank you so much for your prompt and knowledgeable answer.
If I wasn't trying to maintain the extended warantee my dealer thru in to seal the deal I would be giving you a call.....

HD/Wrench

If you go to the dyno section I had a bike in 100 stock form and did imrpoved stock tune stage 1 tune and then the cam .. so you can see what type of gains you have available for a basic build.  Stage 1 was very impressive . however from what I was told the CVO bikes have no option for any changes . .. If you want the warranty to stay in effect . Not a air cleaner no slip on mufflers etc.. 

PFWiz

What about the SE High Flow Exhaust (P/N 64800059)? Or are you saying that is what the bike comes with?

happyman

Quote from: PFWiz on January 24, 2018, 12:53:21 PM
What about the SE High Flow Exhaust (P/N 64800059)? Or are you saying that is what the bike comes with?
you can if you stick to  SE parts if done in a timely manner you have install muff or exhaust and heads and pistonnes and a half assed tunner and  put it on warranty and also extened warranty  for 7 years and then extened more  if need be  from what i understand  a

sfmichael

Right...no problem keeping that warranty as long as mods are done with factory approved SE parts and done at time of purchase or within 60 days and performed by a dealer
Colorado Springs, CO.

rigidthumper

HD Street tuner has 2018 CVO base maps (and thereby warranty coverage) for stage 1 (AC/mufflers), stage 2 ( stage 1 +SE 462 cam) Stage 3 (Stage 3 kit w/SE498 cam) or stage 4 (117 stg 4 kit w/CNC heads, SE515 cam, 64mm TB, AC & mufflers).
As long as warranty is the primary consideration, these are your choices.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?