May 04, 2024, 10:36:41 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

M8 running hot

Started by berniemc, January 31, 2018, 07:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berniemc

I have just installed TTS on my 2018 Roadglide 107.Only mods are air box and catylitic coverter removed...waiting on mufflers.Ran some Vtunes and played back on histogram......engine temps are running in the 330 to 335 range .Are the M8s this hot?

K4FXD

I think I read somewhere the temp sensors on the M8 are in a different location. This causes them to read higher than the TC, but the engines run at the same temp.

If I'm wrong I will be corrected soon  :gob: :hyst:
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery

Durwood

Quote from: berniemc on January 31, 2018, 07:20:57 PM
I have just installed TTS on my 2018 Roadglide 107.Only mods are air box and catylitic coverter removed...waiting on mufflers.Ran some Vtunes and played back on histogram......engine temps are running in the 330 to 335 range .Are the M8s this hot?
K4FXD is on the mark, the temp sensor on an M8 is located in the rear head, instead of the front like a Twin Cam, and with this you will see much higher recorded operating temps, when in fact the engines are running at very similar temperatures.

The numbers that you posted are what I would call normal.

berniemc

Thanks to both of you for the answers.I knew it seemed to run fine and had good power.

kd

I think Steve Cole wrote about his testing showing higher head temps on his test bike when the M8 was first introduced.
KD