May 04, 2024, 08:39:40 AM

News:

P3R / Dragos Crank

Started by Ohio HD, February 08, 2018, 06:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

Looks that Frank Dragos and P3R have a joint effort or agreement. They have a new M8 crank they're showing as available.

There's a comment that this is the only way to put a Timken in an M8. Has anyone been in the lower end, is there something unconventional about the HD M8 crank?

https://www.facebook.com/dragosbikeworks.dragos/posts/1976445652622696

Unbalanced

Joint venture of P3R and Drago Bikeworks

koko3052

Sooo.....will the push for 200 be on?

Ohio HD

Interesting, Frank commented that the crank balance is designed to not use the OEM counterbalance.

No Cents

Harry...that is a piece of jewelry right there...beautiful set of flywheels.  :up:
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

BVHOG

Timken? Have we seen excessive Left side bearing failures on the Mil 8  or the twin cam for that matter?  The balance thing is interesting though.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

shovelbill

the owner's of P3R's is David as i recall.....i originally met him when i was working at Miserable Mile Harley stealership on Long Island, NY.....i introduced to him to my friend Terry Stewart of CP/Carillo. Terry owns Shaker Products. he'll make you any piston you could want.....they got a deal going together.....glad to see him getting out there even more.......

ABSOLUTE PERFECTION is what his cranks are.

https://www.facebook.com/ShakerProducts/
build it, bust it.....figure out why

sfmichael

loving all the M8 development taking place  :up:

hat's off to all the guys / shops out there pushing the envelope for this platform  :up: :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

HD/Wrench

Being that removal of balancers has been done,..one would think based on history that its not going to be smooth.    Myself like the fact the new bikes are as smooth as they are .

Terry is a great guy and  he told me about this in the past conversations we have had  .. Not cheap is a understatement though ..$$$$$$$

are you sure its a joint effort between just  frank and Dave ?  ..I did not ask if that was the only person involved  .. I Know Terry is involved..

Either way good to see it happen..  the after market is picking up on performance for the M8 quickly  :up:

Ohio HD

I guess my assumption that they are working together is Dragos states with this information that, "You can only get from us!!!!!".     :idunno:

Unbalanced

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on February 19, 2018, 11:03:00 AM
Being that removal of balancers has been done,..one would think based on history that its not going to be smooth.    Myself like the fact the new bikes are as smooth as they are .

Terry is a great guy and  he told me about this in the past conversations we have had  .. Not cheap is a understatement though ..$$$$$$$

are you sure its a joint effort between just  frank and Dave ?  ..I did not ask if that was the only person involved  .. I Know Terry is involved..

Either way good to see it happen..  the after market is picking up on performance for the M8 quickly  :up:

Terry isn't involved - This comes directly from the horses mouths.

I just got off the phone with Frank and Dave collectively and they stated that no one else is involved with this crank other than them.  Doubt it call them directly yourself.

HD/Wrench

Terry is / will have a offering of the P3r crank .  That much Terry did tell me today,  during conversation. He also had Dave call him while where on the phone :up: . So what is different  I have no idea . I am sure something is changed from one to the next ..  and that is what Makes Franks different .  Again great to see the aftermarket growing and offering up new products .

Unbalanced

Steve,

There is no offering of the M8 at this time its under prototype/testing.  Terry can resell the P3R crank like any other in the dealer network.  If you care to know more first hand call Dave or call Frank.