April 28, 2024, 01:00:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

114 dyno tests

Started by bxbutch, February 18, 2018, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bxbutch

why are there so few 114 dyno test on this site . Butch

happyman

could be  these  SE tuners these days limit  the hp and tq so much  not very flattering   

rich1

Just a guess. But since the vast majority of riders only do a Stage 1. And since the 114 already has a high flow air cleaner. There is not much to see. Harley doesn't even show a dyno chart for a Stage 1 114 in their catalog. But they do for a 107. I found one dyno chart of a 114 where they added street cannon mufflers. It gained 1 hp and 1 lb ft. They tested it again after loading the Stage 1 map from the Harley street tuner. It actually lost power.

HD/Wrench

I have done a fair amount of the 114 , however the down side is that all but one have the short 2-1 dump big wheel bagger ex system . So power wise harder to compare .

this is the 460 lift test cam . it has changed a bit but nothing crazy ..

2017 114 kit gmr dd fat cat by GMR Performance, on Flickr

114 kit with SE 498 cam and a freedom short 2-1 dump pipe
2017 RG SE 114 KIT 11.1 COMP RATIO SE 498 CAM FREEDOM SHORTY 2-1 by GMR Performance, on Flickr

shovelbill

hey Butch

i have 2 sheets i just did at Harley......i'll take a picture of the sheet and text em to you. i don't know how to post pictures anymore....they're in my house somewhere.

one was a 114 Fatbob, Bassani RR and SE 467 with PowerVision.....iirc it did 109/118
the other was another dealer installed Stage 3, 498.....i put in a Fuel Moto head pipe and we kept his TBR muffs, PV tune.....made 114/120........both sheets looked like fun rides to me....those guys there are pretty good, but not near Steve's tuning ability

just did a Stage 4 and used the new Andrews 504 instead of the SE515 that it came with.........probable won't get that sheet till April.......if at all now.
build it, bust it.....figure out why

SixShooter14

Quote from: shovelbill on February 19, 2018, 02:09:58 PM
hey Butch

i have 2 sheets i just did at Harley......i'll take a picture of the sheet and text em to you. i don't know how to post pictures anymore....they're in my house somewhere.

one was a 114 Fatbob, Bassani RR and SE 467 with PowerVision.....iirc it did 109/118
the other was another dealer installed Stage 3, 498.....i put in a Fuel Moto head pipe and we kept his TBR muffs, PV tune.....made 114/120........both sheets looked like fun rides to me....those guys there are pretty good, but not near Steve's tuning ability

just did a Stage 4 and used the new Andrews 504 instead of the SE515 that it came with.........probable won't get that sheet till April.......if at all now.
if you want to email the pics to me, I'd be happy to post them here for ya.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

shovelbill

cool.....ping me your addy......i think i get them there, LOL

shovelbill

February 21, 2018, 06:04:54 PM #7 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 06:09:32 PM by shovelbill
[attach=0]

see.....i suck at this........i did send them off to SixShooter......after i sent them to myself......"Potty mouth"....

SixShooter14

right side up....(hopefully)

[attach=0]

SixShooter14

crewchief25H

Here is a 114 with cam change and D&D billet Cat[attachimg=1]

bxbutch

shovelbill

thanks SS14.......maybe i should take pictures upside down.......or laying down? LOL

Butchie......the bottom line is you get what you pay for........sometimes.

i believe with these new spaceships you need a real comprehensive tune, from someone that uses a multitude of "tools" at their disposal.......understands and knows how to use them.......autotune does make a difference, but it's sure not all it can be in my caveman opinion......most on here will agree.

read what Dan Vance has to say.... http://danvanceracing.com/dyno.html ........and he's in the "neighborhood"

hell.....when we learned build curves by data-logging Dyna 2000i's and were welding in bungs for Wegos we were getting into Star Trek "Potty mouth".........a bored and T-jetted Super B anyone? LMAO.

slap on some muffs, dyno it and ride till the wheels fall off......see you when the snow melts

bxbutch

Fat11Lo

Quote from: crewchief25H on February 21, 2018, 07:25:09 PM
Here is a 114 with cam change and D&D billet Cat[attachimg=1]

Is that a CVO or one of the stage kits that bump to 114?

crewchief25H

That is a 2017 Limited CVO 114. Max-Cell 820 cam, stock springs. Tuned with a vision

shovelbill

:bf:
Quote from: bxbutch on February 21, 2018, 08:37:31 PM
what cam&tuner Butch

cool deal. great improvement.......i'll blame a lot of it on the D&D.... :up:
is it me, from my house.......or is that screen really looooong lookin'.

is there a "standard" for a dyno sheet matrix? like SAE was "adopted" for comparative purposes?

just askin

crewchief25H

Thats the big flat screen in the dyno room making it look that way, screen shot is SAE

shovelbill

Fat11Lo

Quote from: crewchief25H on February 22, 2018, 06:56:20 PM
That is a 2017 Limited CVO 114. Max-Cell 820 cam, stock springs. Tuned with a vision

Thanks, it seems most 114 dyno sheets are from the kits, not a lot of CVO's. I have a 17 CVO Street Glide I'm looking into upgrading the cam