May 08, 2024, 11:53:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Snowbird enjoying riding in Arizona

Started by joebedford, February 19, 2018, 09:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebedford

Hello everyone. My wife and I have been enjoying great riding this winter around Mesa AZ. We're headed to Texas Hill Country for more riding in a week.

I ride a 2002 TC88 FLHTCUI and she rides a 1996/2007 EVO 80 FLHTCUI/DFT Trike. I bought the EVO new in '96. It has about 275000km (165K miles) on it.

Unfortunately, the trike started making an 'expensive sounding' noise a week or so ago. We took it to World Famous Mike's in Queen Creek and they discovered that the crank is bent. The runout on the right side is .014" which is several times what's allowed. We're looking at rebuilding or replacing the engine.

I'm trying to rig a sissy bar for my Ultra - I took the tourpak off before we headed out on our winter trip. Wife won't ride passenger if there's no backstop. No standard bar fits because it's set up for tourpak only. Ideas?

SixShooter14

Howdy Joe, welcome from Arkansas.

Try asking in the General tech section. I'm sure someone can help ya come up with something to get your travels back underway.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

hogpipes1

Swap meet  sun 25th   ram jet racing  phx. might find a back bar etc. up there. 8-12am.  also   evo bent crank, ?  lots of miles , but it sounded like t-cam wheels shifting issues.