May 04, 2024, 01:54:17 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Stage II not good

Started by goose2, March 31, 2018, 02:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose2

March 31, 2018, 02:55:32 PM Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 03:05:02 PM by goose2
2017 m8 107 stage II with jackpot 2-1,s&s 475 cam, Screamin eagle heavy breather, power vision.

Bike does not run good off the bottom and once in awhile a backfire through the pipe on take off. It is just dead on the bottom. All this happens idle to 3000 rpm. Above runs real good.

koko3052

kd

Are you riding it without having it tuned yet?
KD

goose2

Yes I have ridden it. It has a canned map

If the cam is out of time wouldn't it run bad all the time. It only runs like crap on the bottom

1FSTRK

All you need is to get it tuned.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Nastytls

The 475 has some odd timing events, not sure a canned map would be adequate. I have that same cam, but I'm waiting until I can get a dyno tune before I install it.

DTTJGlide

Where did you get the canned tune from?

HV

Make sure your O2 Sensors are not reversed....the Black connector one goes in the Rear Pipe
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

goose2

rbabos

Quote from: goose2 on April 01, 2018, 08:13:39 AM
Quote from: DTTJGlide on March 31, 2018, 09:10:09 PM
Where did you get the canned tune from?
fuel moto
Base cals are just that, base and in no way will work well without more tuning. Look at them as a starting point. Hell, the FM stock improved cal for my v rod was worse then the stock cal, which made no sense viewing the ve tables but it ran terrible at certain rpms until further tuning. In all fairness, it doesn't matter who's base cal it is,FM, PV, TTS, Tmax, they all need help.  In the mean time, you are not doing your engine any favors by running it in this state.
Ron

Jim Bronson

Quote from: HV on April 01, 2018, 01:50:37 AM
Make sure your O2 Sensors are not reversed....the Black connector one goes in the Rear Pipe
Or to quote AC/DC, Back is Black.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

DTTJGlide

April 01, 2018, 04:07:19 PM #11 Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 04:12:38 PM by DTTJGlide
Well FM should be able to give you some help to get it closer, especially if you can send them some data logs. The M8s seem to be very sensitive to exhaust choice, but most have shown an increase in low end TQ with a 2-1, but I don't think FM has run that cam with that exhaust.

Chippitt68

My experience with Jamie has been great.  Email him and ask him. He will ask you to run a datalog session and send it to him. He will make changes and send you a new cal. Obviously, he cannot tune your bike thru email, but in my experience, he can get it close.

Jamie Long

Quote from: goose2 on March 31, 2018, 02:55:32 PM
2017 m8 107 stage II with jackpot 2-1,s&s 475 cam, Screamin eagle heavy breather, power vision.

Bike does not run good off the bottom and once in awhile a backfire through the pipe on take off. It is just dead on the bottom. All this happens idle to 3000 rpm. Above runs real good.

We did a bunch of tuning & testing wih the S&S 475 cam last week with a handful of exhausts, feel free to contact me and I can get you in the right direction.

1FSTRK

:up: :up:
As always, good customer service is just an email away.

sfmichael

Quote from: 1FSTRK on April 01, 2018, 05:52:22 PM
:up: :up:
As always, good customer service is just an email away.

:agree:  FM tcb
Colorado Springs, CO.

goose2

I agree it's pretty hard to beat FM. Jamie has been very helpful. We just got to get some bugs out of it. One good thing is it has been snowing here the last couple of days so it looks like the rush won't be until next week.

bxbutch

Jamie & his FM crew are #1 they helped me with my auto tune on Fri & I took a 250 mile trip on Sat the bike runs great THANKS GUYS Butch

koko3052

So what was the issue and is it resolved now?

1FSTRK

Quote from: koko3052 on April 16, 2018, 12:20:42 PM

Reply 16 above

goose2

Quote from: 1FSTRK on April 16, 2018, 02:26:48 PM
Quote from: koko3052 on April 16, 2018, 12:20:42 PM

Reply 16 above
Jamie sent me a baffle to install and after that it is getting closer. I need to run a few auto tunes to try and get it a tad better. It is running much better than when I first posted here. I got to give Jamie and Fuel Moto a shout out. They been very very helpful. Hopefully will get it perfect.