May 04, 2024, 03:04:41 AM

News:

Feuling

Started by VDeuce, April 04, 2018, 05:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDeuce

Any word on the M8 pumps? Were supposed to be available but still nothing.

BVHOG

April 05, 2018, 06:48:48 PM #1 Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 06:58:14 PM by BVHOG
Just got a flyer today from Drag advertising them, checked availability and it shows May 8th on the high volume and April 24th on the race pump
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

VDeuce

happyman

which motor are they for the  twin cooled 0r air, or both?

VDeuce

While not certain, I believe for the oil-cooled.

happyman

Quote from: VDeuce on April 11, 2018, 10:01:16 AM
While not certain, I believe for the oil-cooled.
Thanks

yobtaf103

See Chris Rivas got one fitted to his 150 sq build (STD) pictured on his website

HD/Wrench

As a shop owner the word fueling and oil pump make me cringe.. Too many issue with the fueling pumps . We already have a sumping issue and to install a pump that has been known to create it I will pass . S&S will be  releasing their version shortly . Just one shop owners opinion.

turboprop

Does the oem oil pump have an shortcomings or are is the aftermarket oil pump a solution to a problem that doesn't exist?
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

HD/Wrench

Ed I do not think anyone knows yet .

New pump on left old on right .. you get one gear that has no changes that I could measure or see..  :nix:  Bike I did a cam swap csutomer supplied new pump just in case .. I had tuned it before as a stage 1 install TTS 150 cam re tuned no sumping either tune

IMG_1768 by GMR Performance, on Flickr

BVHOG

Have yet to see a sumping issue either, I'm with you on the Feuling, I'll pass and wait for S&S
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

HD/Wrench

Quote from: BVHOG on April 16, 2018, 08:08:53 AM
Have yet to see a sumping issue either, I'm with you on the Feuling, I'll pass and wait for S&S

HA HA I lost track of how many had some sort of issues Bob.. you just shake your head and make a note to yourself .. had one in here last week that had the SS pump and plate puke all over the place . I tore it apart per customer as he thought maybe he did something wrong . I found nothing wrong..  back together per customer  and it did it again.. Customer had me put stock back in issue solved . I have to say that was a costly deal .  :sick:

VDeuce

Hopefully S&S has their's out soon. Would like to see if they go with dual scavenge if even possible.

Dave I.

I've got a fueling race series pump and cam plate on order. Hadn't really heard anything bad about fueling till now. Starting to second guess my purchase.

BigMo

I just put a Feuling race plate w HP+ pump in a '18 Road King Special....changed stock cam chest out on 1000 service. I think Feuling components are ok, better than the stock crap. Just like a billet Milodon pump on a small block Chevy
BigMo

happyman

Quote from: BVHOG on April 16, 2018, 08:08:53 AM

amazing some  you guys have not witnessed sumping.  have had dealers  say that too. funny part is I know people personally who have taken there bike  to some of those very dealers and guess what?  the motors  bad nuff they needed new motors.    just sayin,  amazing!

Nastytls

Dealers aren't going to fess up to problems with the bikes they are trying to sell you...

BigT

My bike didn't sump during dyno tuning but had an issue after an extended higher RPM run on the highway

happyman

Quote from: BigT on June 25, 2018, 11:53:13 AM
My bike didn't sump during dyno tuning but had an issue after an extended higher RPM run on the highway

have  had many sumping issues and  cruise set at bout 72 several times;/.  other times when you are just going through a small town   go to speed up to 70mph and sumps so bad  it was hammering like a  mfer.  had to get towed.  I does not make a rats ass difference either if the motor is pure stock, or if indeed its a stage 4 or anywhere in between it is what it is.   many have multiple failures. seems its regardless an issue even this late in the game.  these motors have been out for quite awhile now and you would like to think there would be a fix if HD  were serious about keeping customers rather than trying to just get you out the door again and hope hope  warranty runs out so you cannot  ever get a fix  from  them.  its a heck of a deal when the possibility is there you may end up with something you cannot afford to fix because the fix is  just get another new motor or piece one together   and pay at the window how many times?  shameful indeed.