May 04, 2024, 03:53:36 AM

News:

2018 Road King 107"

Started by pddredduece, April 08, 2018, 05:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pddredduece

Has a dyno run been done on a 2018 107" Road King all stock :scratch:

PoorUB

If you search through the dyno run section you will find a couple. Look for 2017 and 2018, they should be the same.  Around 75 HP and 95 ftlbs.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Jobie

Just had the dealer run some heat cycles and a dyno before delivery  79.1 Hp  99.8 Tq   Runs great for a stocker.

BigMo

Nice numbers, I have the same motorcycle, in Special trim. Just got to 1000 miles, added all new cam chest w S&S cams, Fueling camplate and HP+ pump, Fullsac header, S&S Grand Nationals, and K&N air filter. Runs out real good, and no more burn ur leg off heat from cat
BigMo

happyman

Quote from: Jobie on April 14, 2018, 02:49:44 PM
Just had the dealer run some heat cycles and a dyno before delivery  79.1 Hp  99.8 Tq   Runs great for a stocker.
no warranty if you need it  sadly.

KTA600

Quote from: happyman on June 28, 2018, 07:05:59 PM
Actually it's pretty much sad if you go to the dealer for warranty motor work with a m8.....
Better to go to a REAL engine builder and go enjoy your bike.... Warranty on toys aren't worth the paper it's written on.  Nothing new with the MOCO if you been around long .
But lots of guys would just rather be miserable than go get it done rite.

BigMo

I agree, MOCO warranty is legalese to keep them protected...screw the warranty. I want a new hot rod motorcycle and the "Potty mouth" they put on them won't allow it...sooo...did it myself. Runs great, still tweaking the Tmax
BigMo

KTA600

Quote from: BigMo on July 11, 2018, 05:16:08 AM
I agree, MOCO warranty is legalese to keep them protected...screw the warranty. I want a new hot rod motorcycle and the "Potty mouth" they put on them won't allow it...sooo...did it myself. Runs great, still tweaking the Tmax
That's what 95% of us do .... other 5% whine and wax. Lmao!!
Have fun sounds like a good piece

Jobie

I totally get what you are saying about warranty and waiting to building.  I like to wait at least the first year before a build, as we all know Harley has a history of issues with new engines.  Glad I think that way, I have one of those trannys that the oil is weeping into the primary.  Every 500 Miles or so have to suck 3 or 4 ozs. out of the primary and re-fill tranny.  Of course, dealer never heard of it before and they are 3 to 4 weeks behind.  Do things that would void your warranty and then it's your problem.  I guess it's wine and wax for me! LOL!

happyman

Quote from: KTA600 on July 09, 2018, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: happyman on June 28, 2018, 07:05:59 PM
Actually it's pretty much sad if you go to the dealer for warranty motor work with a m8.....
Better to go to a REAL engine builder and go enjoy your bike.... Warranty on toys aren't worth the paper it's written on.  Nothing new with the MOCO if you been around long .
But lots of guys would just rather be miserable than go get it done rite.
[/quothow many people know what all the issues relly are on th e M8?  so spening more  of the owners money is a fix?

KTA600

Quote from: Jobie on July 14, 2018, 07:24:28 AM
I totally get what you are saying about warranty and waiting to building.  I like to wait at least the first year before a build, as we all know Harley has a history of issues with new engines.  Glad I think that way, I have one of those trannys that the oil is weeping into the primary.  Every 500 Miles or so have to suck 3 or 4 ozs. out of the primary and re-fill tranny.  Of course, dealer never heard of it before and they are 3 to 4 weeks behind.  Do things that would void your warranty and then it's your problem.  I guess it's wine and wax for me! LOL!
And not a damn thing wrong with that.lol
U already are addressing a small problem most of the whine and wax crowd would be running to the dealer weekly instead of just riding the SOB. Or just getting off there ass and figuring out instead of typing 2009 words per min telling the world the skis falling ...... we all knew these are not the best bikes and still bought.... wouldn't have it any other way

Jobie

I'm not the wine and wax kind of guy.  Been at this Harley thing for 53 years.  I got my lesson on a 07 Ultra.  Crank went south and assed up the whole engine on my dime.  It's worth the wait, at least for the first year, for me. As of late, Harley doesn't have a problem voiding warranties for some.  I have been building my own engines for years.  Harley don't like people like me.  They like the folks that pay the stupid money that the dealer charges to keep your warranty with a Harley parts catalog build.  My problem with that is that you can get so much more power with after market parts for less money.  More research goes into most after market parts for optimum performance and reliability.  Harley's addresses reliability by playing it safe with less performance. I have gotten tired of fixing Harley's problems, this fix is on their dime, not mine. I have 7 more months of wine and wax.........LOL

happyman

Quote from: KTA600 on July 14, 2018, 09:17:25 AM
Quote from: Jobie on July 14, 2018, 07:24:28 AM
And not a damn thing wrong with that.lol
U already are addressing a small problem most of the whine and wax crowd would be running to the dealer weekly instead of just riding the SOB. Or just getting off there ass and figuring out instead of typing 2009 words per min telling the world the skis falling ...... we all knew these are not the best bikes and still bought.... wouldn't have it any other way
[/quote just remember not all the people who purchase the  HD bike have the ability, or the coin to fix what should have been good to go for the long haul, at time of purchase. mocking people  is not a cure. they do not as a rule anymore have the  $$$ or  the ability  nor the desire to tear into the bike and repair it of come up with a fix .   yeah I can  take one a part and put it together no issue there, done several but all for myself  like many have been riding  since 1958  owned lot of  HD  and other brands.   never seen anything like these new m8 failures  from any brand I have owned but I am sure they were out there.  yup the idea that everyone should be a mechanic is pure bs  . the mockery is not needed its actualy insulting to many who spend big  $$ for failures.   they do ot purchase new product to reengineer it  on there dime    for the huge  %% spent .