May 02, 2024, 09:15:57 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS MasterTune V-Tune Instruction Differences

Started by VDeuce, May 06, 2009, 02:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDeuce

Now that I have had the chance to review all three of the instruction sheets for using V-Tune, I have put together a spreadsheet (attached) showing the differences in setup among the three instructions.

The three instruction versions are as follows:

• 1- The first version of the simple instructions (around here somewhere)
  • 2- The second version of the simple instructions (around here somewhere)
  • 3- The latest version of the instructions from TTS (dated 4/20/09 as of this writing)

The issue that I have is that other than AFR, all the instructions have some differences and I'd really like to know which way to go on these. Now I realize there may be a difference in approach, but there is a pretty wide variance here, unless I'm way off base (in which case, please correct me).

If you don't have excel, I can probably paste these.

Let me know what you think.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Scramjet

May 06, 2009, 03:45:25 PM #1 Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:54:46 AM by Scramjet
I am no expert but I did stay at a Holliday Inn Express last night (and have used all the instructions you listed) so here goes;

1. Both methods will get the job done.

2. The first two simple instructions were put out by Doc (who is widely regarded as an expert and performs training around the country).  The Tuning Guide was put out by TTS MasterTune.

3. PE mode could not be set by RPM in the earlier calibrations.  For the earlier calibrations, setting the PE to 13.5 would not change the WOT AFR desired during V-Tune.  Later calibrations would allow you to set the PE mode to 10,000 RPM so it would (also) not change the WOT AFR desired during V-Tune.

4. AE and DE settings to "0" (off) will only allow you to gather data more rapidly during V-Tune.  When they are "on" V-Tune does not record data.  They do decay quickly over time so if you watch a V-Tune session when AE or DE are "on" the record (waiting) light goes yellow.  When the AE or DE go "off", the recording continues.

5. CLB's are personal preference depending on your final desired closed loop AFR.

6. Adaptive knock retard is a safety issue.  You should not have to go to WOT anyway during V-Tune (below high altitude) so you should not be engaging the knock control (V-Tune only tunes to about 85 kpa anyway).  So "on" is just a safety feature.

7. Warm-up enrichment, well you just don't V-Tune on a cold engine anyway.

8. Knock control - see number 6 above.

B

07FLHX 107", TR590, D&D, 109HP/112TQ
06FLSTN, 95", SE211, Cycle Shack 91HP/94TQ

Steve Cole

The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

VDeuce