May 08, 2024, 04:20:17 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

new member from Missouri

Started by old110, April 14, 2018, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old110

Hello from the state of misery.  I've been riding since I was a kid and started on a Rupp mini bike. Been in love with riding ever since.  I've got an "old" 110 Road Glide that I plan to refresh a bit so I decided to join and learn what I can.  ( I can't believe a 2011 is considered old ..... but what ever. ) Its a heat monster, I've never been able to tame. Gonna try one more time and If I don't get it under control and get discouraged and sell it. Then I'll pull the 110 and drop in a 124 or something in it. Still a nice bike to me and only 20,000 miles on it.
      Before you dis on me for not riding much I've always had a 2nd bike and ride it most of the time. Got over 25,000 on my 2015.

Hossamania

Welcome to the site. There are a bunch of members here that will help you try to get it under control. Post up in the General section, you'll get some good ideas to help you sort it out.
Hope your weather is good, ours not so much here in Minnesota, in the middle of a full blown blizzard right now.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

SixShooter14

Howdy, welcome from Arkansas.

Uhh...yeah,  :agree: with Hoss
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

crock

Welcome old110. I too am from the state on Missouri where spring is just a tease  :crook:
Crock

harttoo

Welcome from Wisconsin,but born in Kansas City,MO.

rigidthumper

Welcome from south of Harrisonville :)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

old110

Thanks for the kind words. The weateher is not as bad as yours but a bit of snow the las t 3 weekends is not my idea of spring. Is this the year of the endless winter?

Panzer

old110, with endless winter, are you sure you want to get rid of the heat?  :scratch:
Welcome to HTT.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

old110

Yea, the bike only gets ridden in the spring and fall/winter before the salt goes down. The heats ok then. During our 80-90+ days with high humidity not so much. I want to replace the lifters before they grenade the engine so I may as well try and make it more rideable. Don't know if different cams will help or need a different tune. Just running on Fullsac's TTS map he sent me.