May 04, 2024, 08:45:21 AM

News:

Broken comp sprocket

Started by jbroski, April 22, 2018, 03:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbroski

2017 flhx, 5500 miles. 154rwhp. Thoughts? I tried to blame my head porter but he wasn't having it.

SoZo

I am struggling with this too there is some forgivness with the comp but I am Going with the evolution industry 34 tooth sprocket

jbroski

Would you believe this didn't strand me, drove 5 miles back to the shop.

koko3052

My thoughts.... you're a lucky SOB! Did you buy some lottery tickets when you got home?

Dave I.

Baker is working on one and a few other things for the m8. Hopefully sooner than later. I smoked a transmission already. Figure the comp is next.

rbabos

Broken cam actually. Good thing it remains captured in the sprocket.
Ron

jbroski

lickidysplit

I just wish I could make enough power to break something like that. Yeah I would blame the head porter,the pipes,the intake, the tuner,ohhhhh no, nothing I could have done!!!! :hyst:

wfolarry

When they were doing demo rides at the stealership when they first came out they had a compensator come off & came out through the primary cover.

koko3052

That may have been a salesman plot to prove they had more power.  :hyst:

rbabos

Quote from: wfolarry on April 25, 2018, 12:36:13 PM
When they were doing demo rides at the stealership when they first came out they had a compensator come off & came out through the primary cover.
Embarrassing for sure. One of those cases where, they all do that didn't come up?
Ron

les

Quote from: rbabos on April 25, 2018, 01:17:55 PM
Embarrassing for sure. One of those cases where, they all do that didn't come up?
Ron

Of course not, Ron.  That would be just plain stupid.  They said to keep riding it because the noise will go away after it breaks in. 

Hossamania

Quote from: les on April 25, 2018, 02:17:37 PM
Quote from: rbabos on April 25, 2018, 01:17:55 PM
Ron

Of course not, Ron.  That would be just plain stupid.  They said to keep riding it because the noise will go away after it breaks in.

Now that's funny!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

happyman

les