May 04, 2024, 08:35:41 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

thoughts on stage II

Started by gillysmi, April 29, 2018, 08:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gillysmi

I am thinking about putting stageII on my 18 road glide special.  Thinking going with 468 cam.  I put VH eliminator 400 on as a slip on before I took delivery.  Anyone have any issue tuning with these slip ons.  I am going to keep stock headpipe on.  Just looking for a tad more power when riding two up and need to get around traffic. 

Thanks!

Durwood

The Red shift 468 is a solid performer, but those mufflers will be counter productive in achieving what you want. Increase the left side torque.

Currently the best performing off the shelf mufflers I have tested, are the Screamin Eagle Street Cannon's for a stage 1 or 2 application. All the others use too large of a baffle.

I've had real good results from Fullsac's re-cored mufflers as well.

If you aren't planning a GOOD tune, I would suggest leaving your bike alone.

dwagar

Really good advice. I just switched my Eliminator 400s to Street Cannons because of what I've seen on this forum. They were the missing link to getting what I expected out of my Stage 2 (447 cam).

gillysmi

Thanks for the replies.  when I go stage II I will definitely get a dyno tune done by a guy ive used before.  He is top notch.  I will take advice for the slip ons.  I was hoping to hear something else as I like the sound of them

woodreaux

Durwood has a Billet Cat with a Rush Wrath muffler that has an amazingly great sound with the 468 cam in his bike.  Not too loud with great tone.

You may want to contact him for some info.

HD/Wrench

Stock bike with the V&H pwr dual and 450 mufflers. Not sure what changes you get from a 400 to the 450  :nix:  Fulsac mufflers are great the Street cannon just not loud enough for most .  Stock head pipe decatted should get you into that range on the sheet below .

I recently re tuned this bike with the TTS 150 cam . However that new computer I had made had a slight malfunction.. and I have lost every thing .. so no sheet to show the over lay from stock to tune to stage II . It  made 104 hp and 116 tq . But the curve was off on the big end a touch .  So if you just want a bit more than stock .. As you can see a tune will do wonders  for that ..

17 vh pwr dual 450 mufflers by GMR Performance, on Flickr