May 04, 2024, 08:23:03 AM

News:

Reverse cone exhaust wave tuner

Started by jbroski, May 01, 2018, 07:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbroski

Ward performance pipe insert for my burns m8 exhaust. Results to follow. I still like Rick even though he told me I should quit trying to measure and just ride.

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

wfolarry

There was a guy named Ray that made the same thing for his Burns pipe. Tested it on the dyno too. I think he's still out riding so it must have worked   :wink:

turboprop

Actually, it was first done by Brian Truesdale at JBV Racing with his Guppie pipe and then copied by others that claimed it as their own.

I hope this gets ugly and I have to whip out copies of the PMs from members here asking for pictures of my Guppy baffle.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

jbroski

May 02, 2018, 12:00:44 PM #4 Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:05:59 PM by jbroski
it looks like I need to clarify, ward performance did not design this part and I was never claiming that. They got the print from a vendor and made it from that.

pwmorris

No Cents

Ed...are your pointing your comment at me?
I never said Brian didn't give me the inspiration to make a pipe...or an end cap for my Burns pipe.

This is the baffling system Brian made and used in his Guppy pipe.
[attach=0]

Here is the end cap I made for my Burns pipe to try to eliminate the early dip my Burns pipe had.
[attach=1]

I will admit...it is round and has three mounting attachment points...but beyond that it is a lot different. I tweaked on mine for months to get the results I was after.

No Cents

after a lot of tweaking I ended up with this.

[attach=0]

1FSTRK

May 02, 2018, 01:14:45 PM #8 Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 01:28:59 PM by 1FSTRK
From an air flow engineering stand point just the Straight cut exit cone vs a 1.25" radius exit was more than enough to be different designs. To some if it is aluminium and round it must be the same.
Very nice job Ray
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

No Cents

Thanks Eric.  :up:
My last picture shows my end cap with a Supertrapp 4" open end cap, which I heavily modified and incorporated it into my finished version. I spent a lot of time adjusting the center hole opening.
  Paul...I was asked by Vince @ Burns a few years back to send him the drawing of my end cap. Just a guess...but maybe it got passed along to Rick Ward.  :nix: