May 03, 2024, 01:23:43 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTs or HD race tuner

Started by pddredduece, May 07, 2009, 03:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pddredduece

I have a 2005 Deuce 95" bored by Dan Baisley, mtc pistions,Baisley pro stock heads,woods tw9bg
cams V&H pro pipe with stock baffle. The tune and build was done by Doc in fl. I was thinking of going to a advance key to bring the torque on sooner and a larger throttle body not sure of size 48 or 51.Do I need to buy the TTs tuner and have the bike retuned? I would like to have the re tuned with the sert since it is tuned with the sert now. I forgot to put down the compression ratio 10.8. THE HP& tQ ARE 111.5 &105 std. tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

crazycalvin

You should be able to get it tuned with your SERT.  Later, Calvin.

sportygordy

Quote from: pddredduece on May 07, 2009, 03:58:38 AM
I have a 2005 Deuce 95" bored by Dan Baisley, mtc pistions,Baisley pro stock heads,woods tw9bg
cams V&H pro pipe with stock baffle. The tune and build was done by Doc in fl. I was thinking of going to a advance key to bring the torque on sooner and a larger throttle body not sure of size 48 or 51.Do I need to buy the TTs tuner and have the bike retuned? I would like to have the re tuned with the sert since it is tuned with the sert now. I forgot to put down the compression ratio 10.8. THE HP& tQ ARE 111.5 &105 std. tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

If you already have SERT,, why spend money for TTS??? You mentioned you plan to have bike dyna tuned. SERT will do the job just as good as any other tuner out there, In other words, your end results (tune) will be the same regardless. If your after nothing but performance, I would consider an auto tune option with wide band sensing. i.e. DTT, T-Max and few others are popping up. TTS with narrow band is not a performance option considering all the wide band option on the market today. Good luck.... be wise, don't throw money away.

wavlovr1

JMO, but I would stay away from a larger throttle body if you are looking for more TQ down low. If you already have a SERT then a good dyno tuner can dial in any changes. I have a SERT and a Twinscan/Wego that I use on my 02 95 motor (put O2 sensors in the pipes).  Since I didn't already have a SERT for my 09 I went with the TTS and am very happy with those results. I kinda like the fact I can reinstall the dealer map if i ever decide to sell the bike and the VTune means I can change things and not have to pay for a tune every time.

jb

Steve Cole

Since you had Doc build it an tune it I would talk with him first before you do anything. He may be able to help you with what you want to do. As for changeing parts and tuners talk with the builder first and follow there recommendations.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Doc 1

Quote from: sportygordy on May 07, 2009, 08:55:15 AM
Quote from: pddredduece on May 07, 2009, 03:58:38 AM

If you already have SERT,, why spend money for TTS??? You mentioned you plan to have bike dyna tuned. SERT will do the job just as good as any other tuner out there, In other words, your end results (tune) will be the same regardless. If your after nothing but performance, I would consider an auto tune option with wide band sensing. i.e. DTT, T-Max and few others are popping up. TTS with narrow band is not a performance option considering all the wide band option on the market today. Good luck.... be wise, don't throw money away.

Your decived and not educated on tunners if you really believe that statment

FLTRI

Quote from: Doc 1 on May 07, 2009, 12:55:37 PM
....TTS with narrow band is not a performance option considering all the wide band option on the market today. Good luck.... be wise, don't throw money away.

[/quote]
:up: :up:
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

crazycalvin

Quote from: FLTRI on May 07, 2009, 01:01:23 PM
....TTS with narrow band is not a performance option considering all the wide band option on the market today. Good luck.... be wise, don't throw money away.

[/quote]

Are you saying this because the statement is erroneous?

FLTRI

Quote from: crazycalvin on May 08, 2009, 04:59:21 AM
Quote from: FLTRI on May 07, 2009, 01:01:23 PM

Are you saying this because the statement ("Your decived and not educated on tunners if you really believe that statment") is erroneous?
[/quote]
YES!
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open