May 08, 2024, 04:22:38 PM

News:

Hi from Italy

Started by daniele_1983, May 10, 2018, 09:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniele_1983

Hi!! My name is Daniele, I write from Italy. I'm 34 and in 2009 I bought a MY 1200 sportster custom. I've installed MCJ exaust, (more or less) street legal in Italy and a few years ago I converted to carb. I think my bike is very nice with her Mikuni HSR 42!!
I hope to improove my knowledges about Harley Davidson thanks to this forum!
Regards

Daniele

Ohio HD

May 10, 2018, 09:50:12 AM #1 Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 10:28:51 AM by Ohio HD
Ciao Daniele, Welcome.

I have been to Italy many times, Venice, Vicenza , Verona, Lonigo, etc. The company I work for, the headquarters are in Sarego.

Leed

Welcome Daniele!

You'll definitely learn a lot hanging out here.  I know I have and it's saved me a bunch of money too.

Pete_Vit

Welcome Daniele! - lots of  great info here and tons of Sportster fans :chop:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

SixShooter14

Quote from: daniele_1983 on May 10, 2018, 09:36:57 AM
Hi!! My name is Daniele, I write from Italy. I'm 34 and in 2009 I bought a MY 1200 sportster custom. I've installed MCJ exaust, (more or less) street legal in Italy and a few years ago I converted to carb. I think my bike is very nice with her Mikuni HSR 42!!
I hope to improove my knowledges about Harley Davidson thanks to this forum!
Regards

Daniele
Hello Daniele, welcome from Arkansas, USA. We definitely have a few Sporty fans. Check out the Sportster and General Tech areas for some good tech discussion. If you have any questions, just ask. Someone will surely help ya out.

Oh, and drop by Earl's place for some of the more 'social' topics. You just might learn something there too. Whether you want to or not.  :hyst:

Quote from: Ohio HD on May 10, 2018, 09:50:12 AM
Ciao Daniele, Welcome.

I have been to Italy many times, Venice, Vicenza , Verona, Lonigo, etc. The company I work for, the headquarters are in Sarego.
What a show off... :emoGroan:
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

daniele_1983

thanks to all!!!!

for Ohio HD: I go lots of times to Vicenza and Lonigo to work: my company works in the area of chemical pharmaceutical plants... I live near Milan, in the North

Ohio HD

When I am at our factory in Serago I stay usually at the Corte Quadri in Lonigo. There is a Trattoria that I like to go to eat, it's called the Trattoria Da Vigheto. Maybe 15 minutes from the hotel. This is a photo from the last time I was there, overseeing the countryside from the parking area.

[attach=0]

Pete_Vit

Quote from: Ohio HD on May 10, 2018, 03:48:45 PM
When I am at our factory in Serago I stay usually at the Corte Quadri in Lonigo. There is a Trattoria that I like to go to eat, it's called the Trattoria Da Vigheto. Maybe 15 minutes from the hotel. This is a photo from the last time I was there, overseeing the countryside from the parking area.

[attach=0]
OK, Ohio, stop it... your making me long for a trip - now to get the wife to fly again  :emsad: and a cruise - totally out of the question.
I'd like to visit some family I have in the homeland, I have an Uncle that visits almost every year  :smiled:

SixShooter14

Quote from: Pete_Vit on May 11, 2018, 05:50:03 AM

[attach=0]
OK, Ohio, stop it... your making me long for a trip - now to get the wife to fly again  :emsad: and a cruise - totally out of the question.
I'd like to visit some family I have in the homeland, I have an Uncle that visits almost every year  :smiled:
:agree:

harttoo

Welcome from Wisconsin.I was in Italy in 1992.Very hot that summer.40 degrees C.

Hossamania

My wife and I rode in Italy with Edelweiss tours a couple years ago, including Stelvio pass, Lake Comp, so many others I can't remember, and just loved your country. We really want to come back and spend more time there. Welcome to the site, great knowledge here.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

daniele_1983

Well, I'm happy to understand you loved Italy (not the 40 degrees of course). I love America because here we grow up with American action movies, and also I dream to travel across the 66 like in Easy Rider.  :SM:
My girlfrend fears to fly, but sooner or later....

Pete_Vit

Quote from: daniele_1983 on May 11, 2018, 12:18:33 PM
Well, I'm happy to understand you loved Italy (not the 40 degrees of course). I love America because here we grow up with American action movies, and also I dream to travel across the 66 like in Easy Rider.  :SM:
My girlfrend fears to fly, but sooner or later....
:up:

daniele_1983

[attach=0]
very nice!!! like the italian food!!

daniele_1983

oh, by the way, this is the bike!!

Pete_Vit

MARCE

Welcome from Ferrara. My first Harley was a 2004 sportster custom, more or less like yours, then I swapped to a 2004 night train 20th anniversary Numero uno Milano, only 10 bikes
customized, mine was the #7.
But now I have my 1999  Flsts , bought 10 years ago.

MARCE

[attach=0]

If you have the chance, go to Lessini mounts, they're very close to where your headquarter is. I've recently been to Fittanze pass there, it's nearly 1400 my high and there's a very pretty bar in which you can eat delicious sandwiches with Monte Veronese cheese and smoked ham named speck, then they have a great crafted beer , it seems a Indian pale ale. The landscape is great.
:chop: :up:

moose

OK   a George joins the group and you get   Six to say hello   you get Daniele to join and it starts a thread heading for a grope instead of a group  jmho

oh by the way

Hi Daniele  :hug:
Moose aka Glenn-

SixShooter14

Quote from: moose on July 06, 2018, 12:41:50 PM
OK   a George joins the group and you get   Six to say hello   you get Daniele to join and it starts a thread heading for a grope instead of a group  jmho

oh by the way

Hi Daniele  :hug:
Was George from Italy?

Panzer

July 06, 2018, 02:14:02 PM #21 Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:19:18 PM by Panzer
Welcome Daniele to HTT.
Wife is 100% Italian from Pascara, I'm German and ride a 1200 Custom also, love the Sporties.  :up:
I live in Delaware, USA
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Roadflyer

Welcome from western Canada. Nice bike!!

HotRodShovel

Hey Daniele, welcome.  Ive got family in Milano and Sant'Agata di Puglia near Foggia.  We go to Italy often to visit family and just tour.  We have been all over the country and love everything about it.  Enjoy HTT.  Every question you have will be happily addressed by some really big brains (mine not included)!!  Ciao!!
Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John