May 04, 2024, 01:47:36 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Pro Pipe on a 2018 Milwaukee 8 (will it be too noisy?)

Started by flh canuck, May 20, 2018, 09:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flh canuck

Just ordered a Vance and Hines Pro Pipe for my 2018 Ultra Limited. Also ordered a Power Vision tuner. Only other mod thus far is an S&S Stealth air filter. Intend to install a cam down the road.

Haven't heard a Pro Pipe on a Milwaukee 8 in person but from everything I can find out, they reportedly make good power and have a nice rumble. My buddy has the S&S Mark 45 slip ons on his 17 Road King but have to say I was less than impressed with the sound (even with cat removed). I've had plenty of aftermarket exhaust systems on previous bikes but this will be the first time going with a two into one.

I am hoping the Pro Pipe will give my bike a nice rumble without being too loud as I like long distance touring and listening to the stereo on occasion.

Just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with the Pro Pipe installed on the new M8?
2018 Ultra Limited. Back in black!

Prostock

Great sounding pipe.  Tune's in very nice.  Will be heard when you get on it but low noise at Cruze.  Build a hot rod motor and performance baffle, different story.

yobtaf103

Quote from: flh canuck on May 20, 2018, 09:45:58 AM
Just ordered a Vance and Hines Pro Pipe for my 2018 Ultra Limited. Also ordered a Power Vision tuner. Only other mod thus far is an S&S Stealth air filter. Intend to install a cam down the road.

Haven't heard a Pro Pipe on a Milwaukee 8 in person but from everything I can find out, they reportedly make good power and have a nice rumble. My buddy has the S&S Mark 45 slip ons on his 17 Road King but have to say I was less than impressed with the sound (even with cat removed). I've had plenty of aftermarket exhaust systems on previous bikes but this will be the first time going with a two into one.

I am hoping the Pro Pipe will give my bike a nice rumble without being too loud as I like long distance touring and listening to the stereo on occasion.

Just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with the Pro Pipe installed on the new M8?

A Guy posted youtube video of that setup over on Roadglide forum

https://youtu.be/bwnNJF9hZLs

flh canuck

Thanks for the info and the link to the video. Sounds pretty good in the video clip so I am getting kind of excited about the new exhaust.

My parts should be arriving by end of today and should have install done by end of the week. I will provide and update on how it sounds and runs once I get a chance to put a few miles on it!  :chop:

flh canuck

Okay, the results are in. Installed the Pro Pipe a few days ago. Fit and finish is flawless and the install went very smoothly. They don't include new exhaust gaskets with the kit but everything else was there. I also received a new Power Vision tuner. Downloaded the map provided by Fuel Moto and it runs very nicely. Did a few auto tuning sessions and the changes were minimal so the supplied map was pretty much spot on.

I've put a bunch of miles on in the last few days and think I have enough experience with this new exhaust to provide a somewhat informed initial opinion.

The exhaust rips. I cannot say enough good things about the sound. It has a nice big block chevy kind of rumble at lower rpms and once you start adding fuel, it just gets better and better until the engine starts bouncing off the rev limiter.

Its nice to be riding a Harley that actually sounds like a Harley again.  The only down side is that the sound of the Pro Pipe at full tilt-boogey is rather addictive and I am finding it hard to control my inner hooligan.... It also sounds equally good just putting around at somewhat more civilized engine speeds but of course that is not nearly as much fun!

Long story short, glad I went with this pipe and I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates the sound of a performance Harley engine. Best sounding Milwaukee 8 exhaust upgrade that I have heard to date, bar none.:chop: