May 07, 2024, 02:08:08 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Which exhaust

Started by To The Max, June 13, 2018, 05:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

To The Max

Hi guys, I am wondering which exhaust - slip on would work on my 107 softail with wm8-22x cam . don't want it to noisy if possible. any advice would be appreciated. Max

Sunny Jim

That would be a sportsglide!

To The Max

Yes :emoGroan: thanks, and not to noisy , my bassani road rage on my twin cam  was a little noisy. Max

Jamie Long

Quote from: To The Max on June 13, 2018, 05:34:27 AM
Hi guys, I am wondering which exhaust - slip on would work on my 107 softail with wm8-22x cam . don't want it to noisy if possible. any advice would be appreciated. Max

We are really liking the new S&S slip ons for the M8 Softails. They are offered in slash cut or with the Grand National tips and they have removeable dB inserts.

To The Max

Quote from: Jamie Long on June 13, 2018, 03:54:38 PM

We are really liking the new S&S slip ons for the M8 Softails. They are offered in slash cut or with the Grand National tips and they have removeable dB inserts.
Thanks Jamie I will look them up . by the way I like the work your doing over there. Max

92flhtcu

If it is a Sportglide-FLSB, that has the factory 2;1 and I have not seen a Slip-on for it yet, Two Bros just released a 2:1 full system, but it is not quiet. 
Need a bigger garage

Sunny Jim

Tab performance and rhinehart I believe.

To The Max

Quote from: To The Max on June 14, 2018, 04:12:51 AM
Quote from: Jamie Long on June 13, 2018, 03:54:38 PM

Thanks Jamie I will look them up . by the way I like the work your doing over there. Max
Jamie having a little trouble finding the S&S slip on's do they have a name . also I gather you like them because they also perfom well. Max

To The Max

Quote from: Sunny Jim on June 14, 2018, 04:07:07 PM
Tab performance and rhinehart I believe.
have ridden a  demo SP G lyde with the Rhinehart that could be in the mix . the bike in stage one form was quite good compared to my std bike will have to look up the TAB to see what I think Max

To The Max

Hmm, road rage two by Bassani, any experience with this pipe on the m8 anyone. Max

fastfxr

somebody i know put a bassani on his sport glide said the pipe scrapped the road before his heel and had no chance of scrapping the peg anyhow he ended up taking the muffler off and adapting it to the standard two into one header reckons it runs much better

To The Max

Quote from: fastfxr on June 18, 2018, 04:54:36 PM
somebody i know put a bassani on his sport glide said the pipe scrapped the road before his heel and had no chance of scrapping the peg anyhow he ended up taking the muffler off and adapting it to the standard two into one header reckons it runs much better
funny you should say that because my mate Sunny Jim sent me a Photo of a Sport Glyde with the long road rage two and yes it sits low . im leaning towards a slip on until there is a lot more to chose from I think maybe the S&S or the rhinhart :scratch: Max

To The Max

Well could not find anything that would fit right , look good and work well, so I have decided to modify the muffler myself . when something comes out that I want I can by it then. thank you for your input guys I will post a pic when it done and let you know what it sounds like . Max

BigMo

Just installed S&S Grand Nationals on my 18 King Special, dont sound too bad, get louder with throttle obviously, but the db killers work pretty well to keep it quiet. Not sure about performance difference as the db reducers are 1.75" vrs the 2+" open muffler.....Im going to remove the 1.75 tube on the reducers and weld in a 2" piece and then check it.....
BigMo

To The Max

Quote from: BigMo on June 27, 2018, 07:56:16 AM
Just installed S&S Grand Nationals on my 18 King Special, dont sound too bad, get louder with throttle obviously, but the db killers work pretty well to keep it quiet. Not sure about performance difference as the db reducers are 1.75" vrs the 2+" open muffler.....Im going to remove the 1.75 tube on the reducers and weld in a 2" piece and then check it.....
Me and Sunny Jim where talking about those the other day but I couldn't find anything made for the Sport Glyde also I would like it a little shorter. anyway I have nearly finished the muffler and will post some picks soon.

StevieRay59

RB Racing Black Hole Pipe. Perfect lots of ground clearance. Not too loud great performance.

To The Max

Quote from: StevieRay59 on August 26, 2018, 06:36:47 AM

RB Racing Black Hole Pipe. Perfect lots of ground clearance. Not too loud great performance.
Thanks I will check it out

To The Max

Finally worked out how to get the pics to down load. I shortened the main housing 6 inches and fitted a 2 1/8 perf tube, and a 3 inch perf tube, to hold the fibreglass matting. I also added a road glide tip, and here it is.

To The Max

Quote from: To The Max on August 30, 2018, 06:11:30 AM
Finally worked out how to get the pics to down load. I shortened the main housing 6 inches and fitted a 2 1/8 perf tube, and a 3 inch perf tube, to hold the fibreglass matting. I also added a road glide tip, and here it is.
By the way I ended up a nice deep sound that doesn't get to loud when you give it to her. will post a pic of the finished product asap. Max

BVHOG

Quote from: To The Max on August 30, 2018, 06:18:09 AM
By the way I ended up a nice deep sound that doesn't get to loud when you give it to her. will post a pic of the finished product asap. Max

Nice work!  You might try a spiral louvered baffle for comparison, seldom have I seen a better baffle style for the twin cams, not enough data yet to say they are better for a Mil 8
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

To The Max

Quote from: BVHOG on September 02, 2018, 09:38:50 AM
Quote from: To The Max on August 30, 2018, 06:18:09 AM

Nice work!  You might try a spiral louvered baffle for comparison, seldom have I seen a better baffle style for the twin cams, not enough data yet to say they are better for a Mil 8
when I first finished it , it was a little noisy so I put an adjustable baffle ( 1 7/8 washer on a bolt) and set it on at 45Deg now it has I nice deep sound. it needs to go on a dyno now to see what the curves like now.

To The Max

Quote from: StevieRay59 on August 26, 2018, 06:36:47 AM

Yes I had a look at that and read all their stuff , could be on the cards when I do a big bore. thanks for the tip. Max

To The Max

Sunny Jim

Bragging rites hey wog boy!