May 04, 2024, 02:39:20 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Head Gasket

Started by Prostock, June 13, 2018, 12:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prostock

Anyone know what is the stock head gasket thickness on a 18 CVO road glide.  Also head volume, search has reviled from 87 to 89.  Could be casting flaws to make the difference.  Have a build coming up.  Original stock ccp was 224r and 225f.  Trying to do the math backwards to verify.  Understand the stock cam has a int. closing of 17.  thx

Scot

JMHD

head gasket is .070 crushed, hope that helps.

Hillside Motorcycle

2018 CVO 117" had a .074" recently.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Sunny Jim

I was browsing Cometics web site. Seems they are producing M8 Head gaskets as thin as .030.

BigT

Quote from: Sunny Jim on June 18, 2018, 05:03:33 AM
I was browsing Cometics web site. Seems they are producing M8 Head gaskets as thin as .030.
Used the Cometic .030 head gasket on my 117" M8 build......

Txwezl

I used the cometic .030 on my 114 M8  build.

BigMo

What does a .030 gasket do to the stock compression on a 107 lets say, and no issues with valve clearance......I may consider this when I get the heads done to bump the compression for this new S&S 475 I just installed
BigMo

1FSTRK

Quote from: BigMo on June 27, 2018, 07:59:27 AM
What does a .030 gasket do to the stock compression on a 107 lets say, and no issues with valve clearance......I may consider this when I get the heads done to bump the compression for this new S&S 475 I just installed

Will you be getting a dyno tune with just the cams before the head work?
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

BigMo

Yeah, that's the plan. Running a Tmax ECM w auto tune, bumped timing very slightly, runs very good. Figured bringing comp up maybe a 1/2 point would improve low end.
BigMo

BigMo

But to add....it pulls like freight train, don't know what the rpm redline on this engine is, but I have the limiter set to 6000 and it will hit that real quick. Gotta watch it going up the gears, as it wants more and it's ready to hit redline
BigMo