April 28, 2024, 07:21:55 AM

News:

117+ cylinders breaking.

Started by Dave I., June 17, 2018, 10:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave I.

I haven't seen much on it lately. Is the issue with the sleeves cracking and breaking still a problem? Head hoggers talked about it a year ago. Sozo had it happen to him and I've seen one other do it. What was or is the fix?

SoZo

So it is happening with the stock sleeves. My case was I had a bad tune and I was running into detonation, but I still stand by the stock cylinders are absolutely crap. Fuel Moto kit offers a ductile iron 120ci cylinder I would recommend... I am just putting together my new build, 131ci custom sleeves , cut cases and a Dark Horse low end with Carrillo rods and no counter balance same Burns pipe and Ward heads and intake with a new bigger exhaust valves

VDeuce

Quote from: SoZo on June 20, 2018, 10:22:59 AM
So it is happening with the stock sleeves. My case was I had a bad tune and I was running into detonation, but I still stand by the stock cylinders are absolutely crap. Fuel Moto kit offers a ductile iron 120ci cylinder I would recommend... I am just putting together my new build, 131ci custom sleeves , cut cases and a Dark Horse low end with Carrillo rods and no counter balance same Burns pipe and Ward heads and intake with a new bigger exhaust valves
Please keep us updated. I am super interested in the removed counter-balancer, etc..

Jeff

Sunny Jim

Are you alleging that there is an issue with boring 107 cylinders to 117?

Rusty Steel

:agree: Please do give us an informed opinion. I'm hungry for M-8 knowledge...
If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

Nastytls

Why remove the counter balancer? What benefit could it provide other than additional vibration?

Sunny Jim

Well we have Fuelmoto, Tman, suburban and a host of others offering 117 and up boring of OEM cylinders and I haven't
Heard or read  any reports of breakage.

HD/Wrench

no issues on my end for 107 to 117 working good here

Sunny Jim

When boring the cylinder, can one use twin Cam torque plates?

BVHOG

Quote from: Sunny Jim on June 28, 2018, 06:14:05 AM
When boring the cylinder, can one use twin Cam torque plates?
No, not even close
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.