April 27, 2024, 07:01:40 AM

News:

Dudleys Basement

Started by 53Pan66shovel, May 08, 2009, 02:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

53Pan66shovel

any one know or ever hear of him was on the the greastest mechanics that ever lived he was based out of ny on longisland just wanted to know if anyone ever heard of him he made the push rods for my bike that i bent couple months ago he was the first one to make them back in 1977 had the second set he ever made guy was a genious

Pzokes

Those altered angle pushrods, with hydraulic lifter eleminators were later copied or carried by Riveria.  I never got to try a set. 
There's miles to go before I sleep.

53Pan66shovel

yup those would be them  27% more horsepower

Pzokes

I don't know about a 27% HP gain.  I think that the advertizing at the time said that a better angle from the pushrod to the lifter and he thought that the different contact point changed the rocker ratio.  I can't verify any of his claims.

traynor

May 09, 2009, 04:39:05 PM #4 Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 04:47:26 PM by traynor
Hi yes his son still works out of the same house, islip long island N.Y.  Dudleys Basement, Central Islip NY 11722
Dudleys Basement is located at 105 W Suffolk Ave Central Islip, NY. Phone: 631-851-9005.

53Pan66shovel

according to my dad he said 27% more just what i was told someone stole the patton for them he was in the easy rider mag i dont remembr what year saying how good they were he was the only one my dad ever let touch the bike and he never had any probs until the bike sat for 5 years lol i met dudley when i was little and yes his son i belive his name is chris still runs the shop to this day havent been back to long island but ill stop in when ik get back there

Pzokes

Is he the guy that glued your motor cases together with JB Weld?

53Pan66shovel

No that was my dad the cases leaked bad

Pzokes

If you ever have to take them apart, try Yamahabond, or the Three-Bond equivilent.  It goes on thick, stays flexible and seals excellent.  It was originally designed for sealing 2 stroke cases. 

53Pan66shovel

ya not one of the best ideas but ill fight that battle when it comes lol