May 04, 2024, 07:12:37 AM

News:

T Man cam

Started by BigT, June 21, 2018, 11:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigT

I will be installing a S&S oil pump as soon as possible and was thinking of replacing the TTS 200 cam with a T Man grind in my 117". I did a search and couldn't find a single dyno run with any of his M8 cams. Seemed kind of strange.  Anyone running his cam in a built M8?

Ohio HD

Did you ask Tom Reiser for any on his cams? 

Eccool

Quote from: BigT on June 21, 2018, 11:07:59 AM
I will be installing a S&S oil pump as soon as possible and was thinking of replacing the TTS 200 cam with a T Man grind in my 117". I did a search and couldn't find a single dyno run with any of his M8 cams. Seemed kind of strange.  Anyone running his cam in a built M8?

I'm just curious.  Not trying to be a smarta$$.  If you haven't seen any dyno runs with a T man cam, why do you want to pull the cam and replace it with a T man cam?

Rusty Steel

If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

Rusty Steel

Just trying to be funny. I have been reading everything M8 for the last couple of weeks. Please enlighten me about T-man cams.
If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

BigT

June 21, 2018, 06:17:54 PM #5 Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:24:38 PM by BigT
Quote from: Eccool on June 21, 2018, 01:41:22 PM
Quote from: BigT on June 21, 2018, 11:07:59 AM

I'm just curious.  Not trying to be a smarta$$.  If you haven't seen any dyno runs with a T man cam, why do you want to pull the cam and replace it with a T man cam?

Always looking for a little more and not afraid to experiment.  I have run his cams in my past several bikes and have always made good power.  I reluctantly installed the TTS cam but did even though Steve Cole wouldn't even tell me the intake close number.  Big trade secret I guess.

BigT

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 21, 2018, 01:22:27 PM

I bought my pistons from Tom and talked cams at that time but there weren't any dyno sheets to view then either.

Ohio HD

Quote from: BigT on June 21, 2018, 06:23:30 PM

I bought my pistons from Tom and talked cams at that time but there weren't any dyno sheets to view then either.
You mean he developed cams for M8's and hasn't tested any? Doesn't sound logical.

BigT

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 21, 2018, 06:25:11 PM

You mean he developed cams for M8's and hasn't tested any? Doesn't sound logical.

Where did I say he never did any testing? I'm sure he did.  But do you see any dyno runs on his web site for the M8? The local HD tech had told me awhile back he installed one of his 120" kits and it made pretty good numbers but I never saw how the curve looked.

Ohio HD

Quote from: BigT on June 21, 2018, 06:39:03 PM

Where did I say he never did any testing? I'm sure he did.  But do you see any dyno runs on his web site for the M8? The local HD tech had told me awhile back he installed one of his 120" kits and it made pretty good numbers but I never saw how the curve looked.
I didn't accuse you of says that did I? You said you talked to him, so I assumed he told you he had no sheets or info to give you? As I said, doesn't sound logical.

If you've only looked on the web site and not asked him, see my first response, call him and ask him.

PoorUB

I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

BigT

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 21, 2018, 06:50:10 PM
Quote from: BigT on June 21, 2018, 06:39:03 PM

I didn't accuse you of says that did I? You said you talked to him, so I assumed he told you he had no sheets or info to give you? As I said, doesn't sound logical.

If you've only looked on the web site and not asked him, see my first response, call him and ask him.
Good idea! Still surprised not a single run posted on here....

PoorUB

Quote from: BigT on June 21, 2018, 07:06:29 PM
Good idea! Still surprised not a single run posted on here....

I am not surprised.
The M8 has been out for less than two years. It takes a few months for the aftermarket to catch up, plus many riders just leave them pretty much stock, or what ever HD performance package gets put in at the time of purchase. With companies like Andrews and S&S other lesser known cam manufacturers do not get noticed. Plus there is not very many dyno runs on the M8 here in the dyno section. The dyno runs here are from shops that have their favorite suppliers and often stick with what they like. Give it time, they will come.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Dave I.

I dont know anything about that cam but he is a hell of a nice guy. From the conversations I've had with him he doesnt live and die by dyno numbers. I think his reputation speaks for itself and he doesnt sell parts that will put it in jeopardy.

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Jet Jockey

Go to the Fullsac Performance web site. He did a 120 build with TMan 226 cam.

I did a Stage 4 build on My 2018 Road Glide and added TMan pistons, No Loss air cleaner and PS226 cam. Bored to 120ci. It made a restectable 125.32 HP at 5650 rpm and 132.32 tq at 3650 rpm. Makes 120tq at 2350 rpm.

Nice manners.

justaguy

120CI M8, T-MAN HEADS, T-MAN 216 CAM, HPI 64MM TB, HPI 6.2 INJ, VH POWER DUALS, RINEHART 4IN, TTS MASTERTUNE

BigT

BigMo

Real nice, that's gotta be a hand full, sideways in all lower gears
BigMo

Vision

My Bike is a stage 4 using a T-Man 226 Cam.  For exhaust, I am running the D&D Billet cat.  The bike was tuned using a Thundermax.  My Dyno run produced 131 HP and 123 ft-lbs of torque.  This cam is slightly louder than stock, until you grab the throttle.  Very snappy acceleration and runs very strong straight to red line.  I’ve seen better numbers, but I’m very happy with this build.

Vision

August 14, 2018, 04:09:59 AM #20 Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:18:03 AM by Vision
Apologies,  I had issues posting the dyno chart yesterday.  This is from my 2018 Road Glide Special. All screaming eagle parts with the exception of the cam and head gasket. Now a 114.

hdrider

Quote from: Vision on August 13, 2018, 01:45:43 PM
My Bike is a stage 4 using a T-Man 226 Cam.  For exhaust, I am running the D&D Billet cat.  The bike was tuned using a Thundermax.  My Dyno run produced 131 HP and 123 ft-lbs of torque.  This cam is slightly louder than stock, until you grab the throttle.  Very snappy acceleration and runs very strong straight to red line.  I've seen better numbers, but I'm very happy with this build.

I noticed you say it was tuned using Thundermax which is normally self tuning.  Did you need a dyno tune in this case?  A lot of builds are using other tuners such as Power  Vision, etc -- any reason for your choice

HD/Wrench

120/130 with a 117 is a walk in the park with many cams

I tuned a 117 with  tman 238 with SE cnc t/b very late build tq wise I posted it up in the dyno section

Vision

Quote from: hdrider on August 17, 2018, 10:58:08 AM
Quote from: Vision on August 13, 2018, 01:45:43 PM
My Bike is a stage 4 using a T-Man 226 Cam.  For exhaust, I am running the D&D Billet cat.  The bike was tuned using a Thundermax.  My Dyno run produced 131 HP and 123 ft-lbs of torque.  This cam is slightly louder than stock, until you grab the throttle.  Very snappy acceleration and runs very strong straight to red line.  I've seen better numbers, but I'm very happy with this build.

I noticed you say it was tuned using Thundermax which is normally self tuning.  Did you need a dyno tune in this case?  A lot of builds are using other tuners such as Power  Vision, etc -- any reason for your choice

No I didn't need to dyno tune, but I chose to have a tuner customize a map anyway, which got a lot more out of my configuration.  I chose Thundermax because I wanted a tuning option that would not flash my stock ECM.  I can always pop the Thundermax out and put the stock ECM back in for dealer inspection.   Also, I like the that the Thundermax is constantly learning and adjusting.  By default it turns on features like the power for the oil cooler without the need to for a dealer flash and it also will make your check engine light blink if the bike is getting too hot. I find this helpful since these bikes don't have a temp gauge.